Is Cube Cart for me?

Guest mrtunes

Guest mrtunes

OK. So I read the sticky that compares Zen/OS vs. CubeCart and there was one major thing I came out of that reading: there is a solid support forum here. So let me ask if this is the right cart for me?

My music businesses are based on Digital Delivery. They're also based around Paypal (not paying for the advanced account yet). Some of my files will be very large if they're in Wave. I need a cart that's easy to setup, and supports multiple items in one purchase (add to cart), great tech support, and customizable to look the way I want it to(preferably with Dreamweaver). I am not a coder, I can admit that. I'm tech savvy and have a lot of patience, but i'm not a coder!

It has to be very secure, and makes sure that theives dont steal the links to my files.

I have looked at many different sites that offer shopping cart codes. Many of them are on their "introductory offers". I'm sorry but I don't want to be your Ginea pig. They also look empty with no users, obviously since they're new.

My server's Fantastico section shows it's setup for Cubecart (CPanelx).

Also if I try it on one domain license, and I like it, will the Cube staff help me upgrade my 2nd domain for a reasonable price?

IS THIS FOR ME? :rolly:

You're very right about a fantastic forum. There are some really great people with experience in nearly everything. So getting answers to questions it an easy thing.

Selling digital products securely is no problem at all. The system is in place out of the box to do this. I do it with no problem on my site.

CC3 is by far the easiest to skin cart on the planet...bar none. There is literally no end to what you can make it look and feel like.

For more custom options, there are many existing mods and many programmers (myself included) who do work on a custom basis to get you whatever you like.

I would NOT use the Fantastico install of CC3. I'd do it directly from the release. It's just as compatible and not tied down to anything later.

As for just doing one domain now, you can install on as many domains as you like for free so long as you keep the CubeCart info intact. If you want it gone, you simply pay the registration fee on each domain and you're all set.

Oh, but there's no "CubeCart Staff" to speak of....just our beloved Brooky. But we're all here and available to help.

Guest mrtunes

As for just doing one domain now, you can install on as many domains as you like for free so long as you keep the CubeCart info intact.  If you want it gone, you simply pay the registration fee on each domain and you're all set.

so does this mean i can install it on my first domain for free too before i pay for it? just as a testing tool.

thanks for your response it was helpful. this might be a bit beyond the scope of this thread but i'm also interested in selling and delivering ringtones (i own the copyright of them). are there add-on tools that will aid in this?

Yes sir you can install CC on as many domains as you like and all for free too. Like Sir Willy said you just have to keep the CC info intact.

As for Dreamweaver, you're not going to be able to edit CC like an html site so you're going to have to learn a bit of code or pay someone to do it...and if you hang out here long enough you're going to have to cook hamburgers for the staff. Such as it is. BTW I like mine medium rare. :rolly:

Guest mrtunes

Yes sir you can install CC on as many domains as you like and all for free too.  Like Sir Willy said you just have to keep the CC info intact.

As for Dreamweaver, you're not going to be able to edit CC like an html site so you're going to have to learn a bit of code or pay someone to do it...and if you hang out here long enough you're going to have to cook hamburgers for the staff.  Such as it is.  BTW I like mine medium rare. :rolly:

Do you mean learning PHP code to customize the look? I have no problem cooking for you, but the food might go bad in the mail ;)

unless of course, you can figure out how to Digitally Deliver them :D

also about the domains, the domains i bought extra after my first one reside in the same CPanel, just have a sub directory. would this mean i just need 1 license?

far as paypal goes I think CCv3 has good integration for it? I use CCv2 myself but for my little mod store i'll be setting up sometime probably use CCv3 just for the paypal thing.

Guest mrtunes

ok i've successfully setup the Cubecart, so that answers this part of my question about how hard is it to setup. but i forgot about another requirement i have.

most stores use images to sell goods, mine though uses .Fla flash files to give people demos of what they're about to buy (or at least images that are essentially links). is this possible here?

Welcome to the forums ;)

Flash has been discussed in this thread

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....&hl=flash&st=15

but thats just on the header.

Can't see a problem putting it elsewhere though (although im no expert)

You've made the right choice with CC. November 1st marked a year of running a live CC store :rolly: & i have never had a problem that couldn't be solved by help from the guys & gals on here. I have also learnt a lot & can even modify (not raw code :D) some php thanks to the hints & tips given freely on here.