Issues with Admin Permissions

Guest bikeman

Guest bikeman

I am setting up an admin login for a client. They need to manage content etc but don't need to toch the store config.

In Admin permissions I have allowed them complete access to file manager and documents. Hwever, when they log in the upload images and home page menus are grey'd out.

It doesn't appear possible to give access to these unless I make them a super user which rather defeats the point of having a separate client admin.

This seems to be a mistake. IS it a bug. If not can I suggest a change in the next CC3 update.

Thanks

Guest estelle

Hi,

Yes this is a bug. Please could you log a bug report for it, so that Brooky will know about it.

Here's how to fix the upload images bug. Edit admin/includes/navigation.inc.php

Find this line:

<li><a <?php if(permission("filemanager","add")==TRUE){ ?>href="<?php echo $GLOBALS['rootRel']; ?>admin/filemanager/"  onclick="openPopUp('<?php echo $GLOBALS['rootRel']; ?>admin/filemanager/upload.php?custom=1&redir=0','filemanager',450,250)" class="txtLink"<?php } else { echo $link401; } ?>><?php echo $lang['admin']['nav']['upload_images'];?></a></li>

Change it to this:

<li><a <?php if(permission("filemanager","write")==TRUE){ ?>href="<?php echo $GLOBALS['rootRel']; ?>admin/filemanager/"  onclick="openPopUp('<?php echo $GLOBALS['rootRel']; ?>admin/filemanager/upload.php?custom=1&redir=0','filemanager',450,250)" class="txtLink"<?php } else { echo $link401; } ?>><?php echo $lang['admin']['nav']['upload_images'];?></a></li>

And heres how to fix the problem with editing the homepage.

Run this SQL command, e.g. using phpMyAdmin. If you have a table prefix you may need to change the table name, e.g. to test1_CubeCart_admin_sections.

INSERT INTO `CubeCart_admin_sections` VALUES (11, 'homepage', 'For the administration of the homepage.');

You can now add permissions to allow editing of the homepage.

Easy :homestar:

Guest estelle

Sorry about that...

I've definitely been spending too much time in these forums and i'm starting to feel a distinct lack of appreciation from lots of people who I try to help. Apologies that I took this out on you.

Guest bikeman

That's ok, I am also feeling a little frustrated. I really like CC but I am just doing my first client site with CC3 and I am discovering so many minor problems that I never had with CC2. I have started numerous threads here for issues I have found and can easily lose track of them. I do appreciate all help provided by anyone on this forum and do try to say thanks...eventually.

• 10 months later...

Ive run this mysql query but I now have multiple listings for homepage on the permissions page... Ive attached an image to show what I mean.

Everything seems to be working fine but I now need to do this same thing to another site, Im wondering if I should alter the query somehow??

• 11 months later...

Can anyone advise me on this?

I also had the same issue. I just made the customer a superuser and hoped they won't mess it up.

But I think what is causing the multiple rows is that you probably ran the query several times.

Each time it added a new row to the database table.

To fix it I suggest getting a mysql database editor to look at what is in the table and delete the extra rows.

• 2 months later...
Guest velociphiles

Thanks Estelle.

I had the same problem with my client unable to edit the home page.

Ran your sql query and it worked a treat.

Can't understand why loads more people have not had this problem and surprised it has not been fixed.