one-of-a-kind items

Hi everyone:

I'm building for a jewelry designer. Every product for sale in one section of her catalog will be one of a kind, meaning it must either completely disappear from the store or at the very least, be marked SOLD, and removed from database inventory. Is there an elegant way of handling this in CubeCart?

Thanks in advance...

MAC

Hi there,

you can use the stock control and since it is one piece when it is sold it will say "out of stock". No one can then purchase it but you have to remove it manually from the cart so it doesnt show in the products.

Hope this helps :homestar:

I have a mod now that will remove the item from view when it's not in stock. But we're going to go one better than that. When it's going to set stock level to 0 when it's added to somebody's cart. This insures that 2 people can't buy the same item simultaneously. I'm not done with that one yet, but it's getting there. There is a lot of code to change to accomplish this, but I'll get it worked out soon. I'm thinking this would be ideal for your situation. :homestar:

I agree - that would do it! As for the current program - can you tell me where I might change the text string 'out of stock' to 'sold'? Or is it that simple :homestar:

Thanks so much for your amazingly quick responses! :lol:

MAC

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Angel Bear

Sir William,

I sell vintage toys and have the ooak problem as well. I really need the mod you described in the above post. Please let us know asap when you are finished with it!! Thanks so much!

• 2 weeks later...

I too could do with this mod sir william, not for all my items but some are one off's and are very high prices so i dont want to be risking double orders when it costs me 10% to refund the money...

10% of £1000 = £100 and some are as high as £2000