redirect after login

Any of you experts out there know how I could redirect the user to their my account page after login?

We have ssl set up and IE keeps giving a

you are about to be diverted to a non secure page

warning this would be solved if login took them to their account page which is secure.

Help appreciated.

This is quite simple... they are by defult redirected to thier current page... but give me an hour or so and ill get this posted here for you...

BTW the only edit will be to a template file (I think)

• 1 month later...

hi there

was there any update on this?

i am just thinking thru a design for my site (i sell from 1 unit to 1 container load of the same product).

i have the fantastic selling price groups mod, but i may need some sort of specific template for different buyer types eg.dropshipper versus wholesaler versus light wholesale

thanks

karen

• 2 months later...

Any of you experts out there know how I could redirect the user to their my account page after login?

warning this would be solved if login took them to their account page which is secure.

Help appreciated.

OK guys I have this issue aswell Being directed form a secure page to a non secure page is not so good if people read what is stated they might get scared and not do it. How do we change where the page redirects to it cant be that difficult. Akido where is your answer :)

This is quite urgent guys if somone can assist it would be great.

Cheers Viss :P

• 2 months later...
Guest Reneth

Help appreciated.

Hello,

Just checking to see if you ever got a response regarding the redirect and if you could share the resolution with me. Thanks!

I cant see any sence to do the redirection to the account page after login however here you are...

includes/content/login.inc.php

SEARCH FOR

// redirect

//"login","reg","unsubscribe","forgotPass"

ADD BEFORE
			header("Location: ".$GLOBALS['rootRel']."index.php?act=account");

exit();

• 6 months later...
Guest eric47905

I cant see any sence to do the redirection to the account page after login however here you are...

includes/content/login.inc.php

SEARCH FOR

// redirect

//"login","reg","unsubscribe","forgotPass"

ADD BEFORE
			header("Location: ".$GLOBALS['rootRel']."index.php?act=account");

exit();

Convict, you are awesome thanks for this oldie but a goodie. In answer to your question, I want them redirected after login simply to show it worked and did something for them, rather than just changing the text in the lower left login box.

The only problem is that I do not want them taken to their account after loggin in through the cart, only from other pages. I.E. if they have added stuff then go to step two and choose login or register and continue, I want it to go to the next cart step like normal. From any other page, if the register or login through the standard showing side link box, I would like them taken to their account page.

Hope this makes sense. I dont know if anyone out there would or will be able to come up with a code that differentiates between these, since I believe they both refer to the same files, so if you redirect one you redirect the other.

Thanks for your time, Eric