Forum Support

Guest DJKilla

Guest DJKilla

The follwing is only my opinion and shouldnt be taken to offense!

e.g i had a problem with osc posted in forum after 3 weeks no response or reply-BY EVILHOMER.
I am not backing up OsCommerce in any way...I feel that CubeCart is great software from what I have seen so far and learned from others, but there are a few changes here in the forums itself that I feel could be made! Being new here my first day, I have read up on alot of topics. This once written in the general discussion forum pinned topic "Best Shopping Cart?" has hit a nerve in me as I browse the misc. forums here. Especially in the Shipping/Postage Support section. I disagree 100% with this persons statement as I see at least 3-4 threads in that section around the 3rd and 4th pages that there have posts but NO responses or support on those topics. To me, this seems like nobody has an explanation to these peoples problems and being a newbie, this is one of the general things I look for when looking at purchasing a shopping cart program. From my overall opinion and view, I can see there are a number of problems with the various shipping methods that come pre-installed with CubeCart. These threads that I am pointing to are at least 4 weeks old and it just erks me that nobody can seem to give a simple explanation or acknowledgement to the ones who are seeking answers. Obviously shipping is a vital role in running an online business and how are folks supposed to succeed without an answer??? What bothers me even more is that in other forums, there are more to come. Most are answered yes, but others are not. My final though: if I were to purchase this software, I would like to see a big change in the forums when it comes to EVERYONE playing their part in helping people out. Even just acknowledging a post would help instead of 110 views and NO POSTS!!! While there are millions of people browsing the internet everyday to seek out their perfect shopping cart solution, I am almost certain nobody in their right mind if they are truly successful in business is going to buy software that lacks support what so ever.

Guest EverythingWeb

DJKilla,

Welcome to the Forums and thank you for your comments.

Can I politely suggest that maybe downloading the software and testing it in your environment would be the best solution - by then you will have specific questions which you can come back and ask for support in regards to.

One problem that is very apparent in the forums, is the lack of use of the Search Facility. There are MANY topics and questions which get asked and dragged up when they have been discussed and usually answered dozens of times before in the forums.

Like I say, download the software, install it and configure it for your use - and see how you get on - I can assure you you wont be disappointed!

And, Welcome to the CubeCart Community - I hope your stay with us is a long and succesful one!

Cheers.