[Admin] Froogle Feed Alternative Currency

Guest aikdo

File Name :: Froogle Feed Alternative Currency

Author :: aikdo

Category :: Admin

CubeCart Version ::

Description

This mod makes a row or Froogle Buttons For the 4 main currencies, GBP/USD/CAD/EUR where when you click on it creates a froogle feed in that currency... for example listing in USD in requred to get your site on froogle.com and listing as GBP to get on froogle.co.uk ... i added the other too incase for things like this ever come up...

This is NOT the neatest of nicest loking mod, but its is simple and easy to install... it only took 5min to make so any longer than that to install and there is something wrong...

View File

yes it uses the built in curency convertor, and the db curencies...

This is basicaly because froogle will only show stores that sell in GBP on froogle .co.uk and will only show stores that sell in USD on froogle .com ... so to get yourself on both its good to have both feeds...

• 2 months later...

After much annoyance with the Google/Froogle people, they really are a pain.

The currency in the Froogle feed must be the same as the default currency shown on the site. That is to say, if I wanted my store which has a default currency of GBP, to be listed in the .com Froogle, then I must change my default currency to USD. Seems they think .com is used only in the US.

If the default currency on the site is different to the Froogle feed, the feed will be rejected.

So although this multicurrency feed is a great idea in principle, it's not actually very usable. :innocent:

I will see and try and make an a few alterations to it then so that if the links are followed when they arrive at the store it changes thier currency to USD of otherwise...

I cant see froogles problem but i will check with them and make sure this works...

I can't see their problem either.... but they're just being a pain.

I'm not too worried I guess, but would be a great mod if it can change the currency when the link is followed!

Edit: BTW, I've posted in the .org forum, as this is only visible through the search facility now.