New Site about 70% complete

Guest gce127517

Guest gce127517

Hello again guys!

Like I mentioned in another post, it has been 5 days since I downloaded and installed CC3. In these past few days I have come to LOVE this product and will certainly buy a license :w00t:

So after working on images, some graphics, and a fun attempt at creating the perfect skin for my site, I am about 70% done now. There are still many tweaks to take care of, including the installation of Estelle's awsome Fully Flexible Contact Forms v1.0.2, which I happily bought this morning, together with Product Images with Javascript Preview v1.0.1.

So I am hoping you design guru's out there can take a scrutinizing look at the site's progress so far and let me know your thoughts, opinions and, most importantly, any advice you may be willing to share with me. Everything and anything you have to say will be very welcome!

Please bear in mind that I am not a professional graphics or website designer, much less an expert on html, xml, php, etc... I do this is a hobby, really, and this is a site for a good friend of mine.

You can visit the site here.

Thanks and cheers!

G.

WOW :w00t:

I love looking over new designs and yours is very good so nice to see someone that remembers that some peeps still use 800x600 screens.

colours good, layout good, logo good, navigation good wot cani say its very good.

but I am evilhomer so have to leave you with one bad thing sorry :)

when you on the categories page listing products you have the buy/details buttons...well if your using netscape 8 the details button overlaps the main box.

but over than that great site and with Estelle's excellent mods it can but get better.

Guest gce127517

Thank you for your comments evilhomer!

on the categories page listing products you have the buy/details buttons...well if your using netscape 8 the details button overlaps the main box.

Thank you for noticing this! I believe it should be fixed now :w00t:

I also noticed that the product display made you scroll in 800x600. I fixed that now...had to make the "big" picture about 50 pixels smaller, but with the new pictures I will be adding for each product soon, the details will still be appreciated at that size.

Cheers!

G.

Guest gce127517

Thank you for the observation, Robsta!

While I like to use images for the category menu, I must admit that they are, in fact, a bit difficult to read. This is the result of size reduction from the original, much larger image files.

The site is still a work in progress, but I'm hoping it will be ready before the week's end.

Cheers!

G.