Hello All.

Guest TGD

And Happy new year!

I see you can download CubeCart for Free, So why would anybody buy it, is it to do with lisenceing?

I have seen quite a few of your websites, which are very impressive, how did you get that good, by reading tutorials or guides? if so, where are they found?

Thanks

Also,

I want to have a mess around and get used to the programme but dont feel inclined to pay for webspace to do so.

Anybody know where i can get some for a short period?

Thanks.

People buy licences to support brooky and keep this script going as well as removing the copyright from the bottom of every page and to be able to get support.

as for hosting its not recomended you install Cubecart on a free server as most dont have the features you need...

Thirdly we all got our stores as they are from experience as well as asking questions when needed...

Also,

I want to have a mess around and get used to the programme but dont feel inclined to pay for webspace to do so.

Thanks.

Ok i'm fairly new to the whole web design thing anyway, is their any point trying to learn it, as i would love to!

I've done a Few really, really basic sites in the past, but in frontpage, and didn't tend to use the HTML too often.

I'm not even how to edit pages and upload them at the moment!

Thanks for the help by the way

Learning how to operate your Cube Cart Store and customize its features and create a custom look (skinning) can't be all that hard if I am an example. I'm close enough to my 73rd birthday that I'm starting to say that's how old I am. The things I know I've learned by doing and with the excellent support of some very smart people here in the forums.

Important Note: Before asking for help or before posting questions in a forum, do keywords searches in the forum - and go through the Knowledge Base. The basic stuff has all been asked and answered many times.

You do not have to register in order to use the free download. It is complete in every way. A common route to expertise is to download a free copy, install it on a server and then play with it.

When you are ready to operate a real store, do the right thing and pay for a registration. You will not only be helping sustain the ongoing development but you will feel good about.

Now here's a free tip about how to learn without paying for server space.

See the tutorial I wrote on how to make ytour own computer - or even a thumb drive - act like a server so you can install a store on it.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....topic=10592&hl=

You then will be able to play with it all you want and publish a store online when you are ready.

BTW - be aware that the current vers 3.07 has a serious security hole that is being furiously addressed by the experts. It's fine for using on your own drive but don't publish a store on a server until that has been fixed. It should be fixed in a day or so.

CC is the best open sourcee store around and promises to be the very best of both OSS and Commercial stores.

Good Luck -

Guest digilution

Also,

Thanks.

Ok i'm fairly new to the whole web design thing anyway, is their any point trying to learn it, as i would love to!

I've done a Few really, really basic sites in the past, but in frontpage, and didn't tend to use the HTML too often.

I'm not even how to edit pages and upload them at the moment!

Thanks for the help by the way

Been with the CubeCarters for a few months now and as an uneductated fundie love CC. The programmers and all are gr8. Have had my site hacked by a group of hoodies but hey, any site can and will be hacked sooner or later. In all hounesty, this is the best I have had in a long time cause the wife is upstairs still complaining!!!!!

On a serious note CC has served all my needs and more even though the hoodies are doing their best to screw everyones life up. CUBECART RULES :w00t:

Anyone who puts up an e-commerce site and doesn't have at least a basic understanding of how it works is asking for problems. Fortunately the people on this forum are as helpful as you could possibly ask for. I started with CC a year ago and knew nothing about php and there are others who are testament to the possibilities CC offers.