I've deleted Cubecart from my site

Guest rubbergirlz

Guest rubbergirlz

I really thought Cubecart was the answer to my prayers but now i'm still frustrated and confused! I've read post after post trying to figure out what to do to fix my many errors.

This is hampering me opening up my website because it's between patches, patches and more patches.

I'm tired of it all!

Is there anyone out there that could give me good sound reasons why I should stick with this? For the average user like me, this is all very confusing and I'm utterly scared of launching my website if this software has serious bugs in it. Thankfully I hadn't entered much data so it was not a problem to make the decision to delete it.

I hope Devellion Limited does better than this fast or else others are gonna jump ship!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THIS SHOPPING CART SOFTWARE, it has great potential but it has got to be more stable....PLEASE! Businesses like mine are suffering. I do understand though that as long as there're unscrupulous hackers around, there's gonna be problems.

I hope another more stable update is available soon that i can try. I'm not giving up just yet!

Guest Marshalls

I really thought Cubecart was the answer to my prayers but now i'm still frustrated and confused! I've read post after post trying to figure out what to do to fix my many errors.

This is hampering me opening up my website because it's between patches, patches and more patches.

I'm tired of it all!

Is there anyone out there that could give me good sound reasons why I should stick with this? For the average user like me, this is all very confusing and I'm utterly scared of launching my website if this software has serious bugs in it. Thankfully I hadn't entered much data so it was not a problem to make the decision to delete it.

I hope Devellion Limited does better than this fast or else others are gonna jump ship!

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE THIS SHOPPING CART SOFTWARE, it has great potential but it has got to be more stable....PLEASE! Businesses like mine are suffering. I do understand though that as long as there're unscrupulous hackers around, there's gonna be problems.

I hope another more stable update is available soon that i can try. I'm not giving up just yet!

yea how the do you think the people who have HUGE stores and countless hours into there CubeCart store feel? prolly alot worse off then you! Ive got over 10k products on my site with 100's of orders a day!

I have to make back ups every 10 hours or less or everything and check all my scripts to make sure people didnt put something stupid in them to gain access to other parts of my site or turn it into a whore house of spam!

I really cant wait for the next release 100% fixed.. the wait is killing.. these patchs i still dont feel 100% safe..

:)

Guest vrakas

We are all waiting for the latest stable release.

I also know that if you dont use something you will not know if everything is working ok.

The desicion to stay and wait is up to you although it seems CC is on a good path.

Lets see :)

Guest thegoblin

Come on guys.

I know this hole threat is not nice, but lets face it, how many would even know about it if it was not announced here?

CC is great value....less then $70 reg or FREE with a small copyright link...and you can do so much with it

Have you checked that you even need the patch? to do with regiser globals????

Worse things could happen on the high street to hamper business.

2 weeks ago you would all be merriely going about life not even having the slightist idea there may be a problem. Now, thanks to the honesty and integrety of brooky and his team, at least you can make back ups to prepare yourself should the worst happen.

Its a great piece of software, almost plug and play. Dont forget how complicated a shopping cart is, with accounts, payment, shipping, products etc. with cc even the non nerds of the world can have online stores.

Guest Marshalls

Hey I didnt say anything bad about cubecart and im all patched up..

im greatfull for cube cart, its a pritty good cart and the price... well, who can beat it? really?

I just wish the next most stable release would come sooner then later & it will, and brooky is quick to get things fixed.

I like the community with CC and the support! thats why im staying, oh and cube cart is just going to get better and better.. :)

Guest davedavenport

I only found out about cc 2 days before all the problems but I was pleased to see the speed at which patches and help was available.

I did notice lots of people online who know the script inside out (shout to aikdo) and who offer help at all times of day and night. You cant get 24/7 support like that with other systems.

I also like the way that all the modders/cc are trying to pull in the same direction by making installs, mods and upgrades a standard solution that everybody can follow as easy as ABC.

This is the difference between the many 'free/paid' scripts available and cc.

Guest rubbergirlz

Hey I didnt say anything bad about cubecart and im all patched up..

im greatfull for cube cart, its a pritty good cart and the price... well, who can beat it? really?

I just wish the next most stable release would come sooner then later & it will, and brooky is quick to get things fixed.

I like the community with CC and the support! thats why im staying, oh and cube cart is just going to get better and better.. :)

I agree also, probably I came in at a bad time, when all this stuff started happening. So don't crucify me!

And I do admit that these forums are really helpful and the support from all you guys who post has been great.

I think I just wanted to start afresh so that when the new stable release comes out, I'd feel more secure....i'm looking forward to it. :)

Brooky is working full pelt at getting the new release out as fast as possible but trust me when I say this is a big job and we have some exciting new features happening soon.

• 1 month later...

Brooky is working full pelt at getting the new release out as fast as possible but trust me when I say this is a big job and we have some exciting new features happening soon.

Is there a tentative release date? I'm excited! :angry:

Guest groovejuice

@vision the release referred to in that thread was 3.08, which was released in late January. Historically, Brooky is not one to rest on his laurels and there's no doubt 3.1 will arrive sometime in the not-too-distant future. I for one have been using versions 3.05 and up, all with great success.

I have been using 3.02 for a year now and it works perfectly. I have a private IP on my server and a Geotrust certificate. Never had a problem, Pay Pal works perfectly, shipping works perfectly, tax works perfectly. My site is thoroughly indexed. My advice is before adding a new mod, read all the posts that others write about it. Some mods may not be compatable and cause problems. Most problems with CC I have found to be user created and most, if not all installation problems are user related. I have successfully and flawlessly installed dozens of stores so I know that this software works and works well. Are there problems? Yep there are! Are they critical? I don't think so and I don't think it's worth throwing in any towels. If that was the answer, who would be using Windows, Linux or a myriad of any other softwares.

If that was the answer, who would be using Windows, Linux or a myriad of any other softwares.

I agree

I install CC 3 days ago read the forum for info got latest 3.08 and off i went .

I did have a little knowledge how things work but still for the cost ( even free) you will not get better

i even looked at others ranging from £200 up to £700 and not much if any better.

also as quoted above: how many of us have had to install XP patches even win95,98, etc.

even top paid software has update sand patches the internet is changing every day.

The only proplem i had with 3.08 was i couldnt for some reason upload .jpg pics ( not a big problem i did a work around ( and Markcarts) even spent about 1 hrs helping me, so theirs dedication for you.

I have used Zen cart ( FREE) and OSC ( free) and this is by far the better.

My advice is to if you want a shopping cart with good quick regular monitoring and update if need then stay with and ask if not sure.

sorry thats my 2p worth ;)

Guest brosville

I agree! - I have a very low tolerance level when it comes to things like shopping carts and cms - I've given up (in disgust) with Mambo, Gallery, Drupal, Xoom, Zencart, OSC etc etc. - out of ALL the cart systems, I've found all the features of Cubecart to be imho "the best of the bunch". I've come acrosss so many "scams" regarding carts, the usual one being to offer it as "free" - they hide the fact that it is totally unusable without spending an arm and a leg with the company concerned - imho Cubecart "has the balance right" - it works "straight out of the box", you can use it without a license, and give Cubecart a small discrete advert in return - bloody fair deal to me! ;)

As a constantly evolving cart, there will always be udates and "bugs" - it's par for the course with ANY software of this type. To me, one of the most important things is a good support forum - this is one of the nicest and most heplful I've ever come across - nice people who happily give their time for nothing to help others - long may it continue - you have my greatest respect! :)

Im a little put off too ive been waiting for help with my problem for a week but no one seems to want to help Im the site is 90 % complete with a few bugs to iron out and I cant get any help from anyone. I have nearly 4000-5000 products to enter and im s**t scared to put them in in case I cant get any help to fix the problems. I appreciate that the staff are busy but it seems all the other posts get reply's and mine dosent. Ive trolled the forums for hours looking for clues and cant find what im looking for. I to have tried OSC and others and have found that CC is by far the superior of the lot but somthing needs to be done about the support.