moving cubecart to higher directory

exiladler

Hi,

started out installing cubecart in /shop/ but now the client wants it to be in the root directory so that anyone going to the domain lands straight on the shop homepage. At the moment I have a redirect on the index.htm but some bots from search engines and validations of code are not to keen on that and he wants to be listed high up on Google and the likes.

What do I have to change or consider when I am 'moving' the whole directory one level up?

Or would you advise to perform a clean install? (what put's me off is the hacks and fixes I have performed already).

Regards

Peter

Hey all you need to do is move all the files to the higher directory then edit your Inludes/Global.inc.php file to show the new path ect...

If you dont know what to change about your Global.inc.php file PM it to me (Best to keep the database info private) and ill simply reply with the edited version...

No all you need to edit is that 1 global.inc.php file, but it must be edited correctly or it will as you said mess up the admin area...

Well here are the lines

$glob['rootDir' ] = '/home/hcfurnis/public_html' ;

define('SERVER_ROOT_DIR', '/home/hcfurnis/public_html');

$glob['rootRel' ] = '' ;

$glob['storeURL' ] = 'http://hcxxxxxx.co.uk' ;

Note: second from last line is 2 single quotes, not a double quote

I removed all /shop occurances and as previously quoted, the customer part works fine, where did I slip up?

And thats the problem :)

$glob['rootRel'] = '';

SHOULD BE

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

:ninja:

Where 'should' was the clue. Thanks, now we are 100% in business. So now I can look at making the shop look better and incorporate some Meta tag optimisations and correct wording on the Homepage to match the search criterias required.

Thanks again