Shipping Modules > don't work ?

Guest corolys

Guest corolys

Hello,

I've installed the script and it works well :D

When I try to indicate the shipping rate in the admin side BUT I meet a problem...

As a matter of fact, I want all customers to pay a fix shipping fee (equivalent to 7 euros) whatever the order but I didn't manage to set it up.

For instance, in the "Shipping Module", I choose "Flat Rate", "Configure", "Status enabled", "Shipping Cost = 7", "Tax exempt".

When I go to "view basket", the line "Shipping" is always fulfill with "n/a".

Can you tell me why I can't have the amount I chose ie 7€ ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,

André

Guest tbladecki

on the admin screen under the shipping modules, look to see if ther is any order shipping set up, ie it will have a green box, if so turn it off and it should work fine. I had the same issue and that was the problem.

Guest corolys

Hello,

Thanks for your reply. I think I've do it good on the admin side... Look here :

image1.jpg

And the second :

image2.jpg

Mysterious problem......

Best regards,

André

Guest corolys

Hello,

No I haven't try to complete the transaction... :)

Now, I have do it :D and it's true, at the end of the transaction the amount are display... but it's not logical that at the first show of the cart screen it doesn't appear...

How modified this ?

Best regards

Have you tried to complete the transaction to see if the shipping cost is added in at another point in your transaction sequence?

Guest groovejuice

I'm not certain if that's possible. Someone much more familiar with the code could answer that. But I am glad it is functioning for you. CC really has all the tools, and is improving regularly.

This was a built in feature for cubecart and is because of the added shipping modules etc. The shopping cart needs the customer to be logged in before it can work out the shipping cost. This is to allow you to specify different postage costs to different areas or countries.

It's not logical :(

When a customer come see his Shopping Basket, he must know if he will pay something...

Actually... it's only at the last step that he "discover" the amount...

:P

This was a built in feature for cubecart and is because of the added shipping modules etc. The shopping cart needs the customer to be logged in before it can work out the shipping cost. This is to allow you to specify different postage costs to different areas or countries.

Guest groovejuice

One could add text to the cart that says something like, "shipping charges will be added to your total upon checkout". That way the customer knows applicable shipping costs are coming down the line.

Guest corolys

You're right... but I think it's not the better choose...

I'm surprised that nobody have ask this before...

In wich file must I had this line ?

Best regards,

André

One could add text to the cart that says something like, "shipping charges will be added to your total upon checkout". That way the customer knows applicable shipping costs are coming down the line.

It is logical?

Say u charge $10 postage to the uk and $20 to the usa

How is a shopping cart spose to know how much to charge if the customer isnt logged in? Magic :wacko:

Guest corolys

In the admin panel, at the shipping method, I can choose "Flate rate" : does it mean that all customer will pay a fixed price whatever the country ?

If yes... it's logical to show it at the first step of the basket, isn't it ?

Best regards,

André

It is logical?

Say u charge $10 postage to the uk and $20 to the usa

How is a shopping cart spose to know how much to charge if the customer isnt logged in? Magic :wacko:

• 5 weeks later...
Guest morgankhalil

i agree, at that first step in the shipping cart it says n/a, which makes me think that the customer does not have to pay shipping... it is very confusing

i agree, at that first step in the shipping cart it says n/a, which makes me think that the customer does not have to pay shipping... it is very confusing

I agree with this sentiment but my problem is more fundamental. My client is currently user testing and has the Australia Post shipping mod installed as well. When we attempt to purchase we get "Sorry" - and that's it. Before it used to be "Sorry, we don't ship to your country" (or close to that) - and we are simply using accounts with an Australian address. The problem is fundamental to the purchase and I'm completely lost as to what to suggest to my customer in regards to a solution (there is another related solution where it just doesn't add a shipping cost but we can't even get to that stage of the process now)

Guest corolys

I think there is no solution to this shipping problem...

I have look at oscommerce and zen-cart... and have found a script who have a better shipping module...

I love cubecart... but the shipping problem is not solved...

I think there is no solution to this shipping problem...

I have look at oscommerce and zen-cart... and have found a script who have a better shipping module...

I love cubecart... but the shipping problem is not solved...

Quite honestly, CubeCart is the best shopping cart, in my opinion. It's XHTML and CSS valid, functions well, and has greatly designed skins. . . you won't find that at osCommerce.

Now your shipping problem. . . . my solution would be to add "A $7.00 (or use whatever currency symbol you need) will be added to all orders, regardless of location." Or something similar. That way the customer expects to pay $7.00 and can see it before checkout. You can add it either to the homepage or add it to the product description on each product.

Guest graphixw

I think there is a little mis-communication here. I have registered myself as a test user. When I log in and add items to my basket, shipping STILL says "n/a". I have gone through the process all the way to the end as if I am paying and STILL says "n/a". Then...I chose the "Postal Order Form"...it loads as if the form will appear BUT nothing happens and it takes you back to your basket.[edit*-does not work with NetScape browser] <--- that's another topic & story. So anyway, YES...this feature needs to be brought to someones attention & hopefully resolved soon. Please moderators!! Help us! Thanks!! :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Kirsteno

I agree that the n/a is confusing. It means Not Applicable which would lead a customer to believe there will be no shipping charges. I solved the problem by going into the language file and changing "n/a" to "---". I think that's a simpler way of letting someone know that the shipping charges aren't figured yet.

Guest tbladecki

I changed mine to simplt read "calc later" so that the customer know sit will be calculated later in the check out process and it has worked good so far.

• 6 months later...
Guest pcupgradeltd

bump!

sorry to bump this but I am just coming accross this now in version 3.0.12.

Wouldn't it be better to delete the Tax and Shipping from the 'view basket' page altogether? what would the file be that contains the text?