SITE FINALLY LIVE!!!

Wow it's been some time now since I've been in the forums. Brooky - congrats on CubeCart 3 - nicely done!

After finding time to finish out my site I'm now live and would love to hear some feedback!!

http://www.commishawards.com

or Click Here to take a look!

Although I started with CC2, I liked CC3 but didn't want to do a re-write of the entire store.

It is a mix between the two with CC community mods plus too many custom mods I had to write:

1. Request a Quote

2. Live Admin Sales Reporting

3. Add Same Products with different Options with one Click

4. Order Status given real-time to customer

5. Multi input lines

6. Minimum Qty required on select items

7. Store Owner Cost with Financial reporting directly to Quickbooks

8. Live UPS hookup like CC3

9. Plus many many more (too many to list)

Maybe we could call it an "unofficial CC 2.5" :P

NOTE: This site isn't really Dial-up friendly, but I'm sure those on dial-up are getting used to that with many other sites.

Again - I welcome all feedback and please remember this store is now live for those who look around.

Thanks again!!

-TheCommish

Hi there :)

To be honest with you i was totaly lost when i entered your site and it took me a little time to figure out a few things.

I think its a bit "heavy" :P

Plenty of things in there, well done :(

Guest davedavenport

From a xhtml/css advocate the main problem I would have is the coding is missing lots of closing tags and has repeated tags.

I can see a lot of work has gone into the site and I never make comments about design because beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I found navigation relatively easy.

Your top header right logo link to paypal shows java in the bottom left on scrolling over it

I think that's dodgie enough, but maybe most shoppers don't care about these things.

When i clicked it i got a white page on ur site with <object> up top..

And a popup window to paypal? with no address bar with the https secure link to paypal.

Nice looking site, but that paypal logo had me thinking... you should make that link to paypal on a new page.

To be honest when I go to a new site I am hoping that I'll see something unique and well thought out. I was dazzled by the moving things and drop down menus but didn't stay long because I was overwhelmed and distracted by the flashy stuff. People go to web sites for one reason and that's for information and we, as web developers have the responsibility to make it as easy and as pleasant as we can. If we don't we will lose a customer in less than 5 seconds and THAT is a fact. The other fact is that once lost they will almost never come back.

You drop down menus cover information when activated and they are almost negated by all the other stuff going on around them.

Take a couple of your good ideas and build the page around them. Don't throw them all in at once. All you accomplish is a cocaphony of symbols and that's not what your visitors are there for.