is there a way to block specific IP addresses or ranges?

exiladler

Some joker is starting to get on my nerves. He is registering as new client every time I delete him and enters 'silly' orders. As the IP get's locked, is there a chance to block him? I am certain his ISP will not take action as he is from abroad.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Peter

you can indeed block IP's though the probability is his IP changes on each startup so it wont make much of an effect anyway...

Blocking a range could mean that you start blocking legitimate customers from also accessing your site...

im not sure what other messure are available to you...

you can indeed block IP's though the probability is his IP changes on each startup so it wont make much of an effect anyway...

Blocking a range could mean that you start blocking legitimate customers from also accessing your site...

im not sure what other messure are available to you...

Aikdo,

how/where can I block the IP, so far he is on the same, so ADSL/Broadband I presume. Range wouls be only the last seemtn I'd block.

Any block is currently better than receiving the 'rubbish' orders.

Peter

Well if you are on an apache server then you can block the IP using a .htaccess file Simply add

<Limit GET>

order deny,allow

deny from 209.23.123.110

</Limit>

changing the IP address in bold to that you want to block...

Alternatively if you are on a windows server AND/OR your hosting doesn't allow .htaccess files then contact me and i can make a PHP mod which will efectively do the same thing...

Well if you are on an apache server then you can block the IP using a .htaccess file Simply add

<Limit GET>

order deny,allow

deny from 209.23.123.110

</Limit>

Alternatively if you are on a windows server AND/OR your hosting doesn't allow .htaccess files then contact me and i can make a PHP mod which will efectively do the same thing...

It's Linux/Apache so that will do fine, is there a chance to extend this to a range by any chance?

Peter

There is also a way in the C panel if you use C panel to block a ip as ive had to do it to quite a few (even the comatition keeping tabs on new items) go into the ip deny manager and deny his ip

<Limit GET>

order deny,allow

deny from 209.23.123.110

</Limit>

It's Linux/Apache so that will do fine, is there a chance to extend this to a range by any chance?

Peter

There is also a way in the C panel if you use C panel to block a ip as ive had to do it to quite a few (even the comatition keeping tabs on new items) go into the ip deny manager and deny his ip

Nice one, never thought about this option. I am on Cpanel with my Host so sure there is chance to use that.

Thanks !!!