Can't get this to work!!

Guest dagsky

Ok so i am totally new at doing this and need some help! I've manged to install ver 3.0.5 which comes with my package. Now i've been trying to follow the guide for updating but to no avail!! I downloaded the update file to my pc then unziped it. Then i opened the file and had to manually click on each and every single file in there to upload it!!! After uploading the files i noticed i may have made the error of NOT clicking on the option that says replace eisting file!!

Surely i'm doing something wrong here! Do you seriously spend 1-2 hrs uploading all these files??!!

Someone please guide me in the right direction!!

Are you using some webpage-based file upload method? If so, that's your #1 problem. You need to be using FTP. There are many excellent free FTP packages out there. They will send all the files in one fell swoop.

:P

Guest sunshine

Oh Lordy, that would drive me nuts. No, you don't have to succumb to such self-torture. I recommend SmartFTP and utilizing their 'Global upload' option. Download from their site or go to CNet downloads and on the very bottom choose CNet download, search for SmartFTP, download it and read their FAQ on the website. Take 10minutes on DSL. :P

So close to sucess but failed at the final hurdle!!! Ok so this is what i did, i followed instructions for NOT uploading the files specified. i simply went into the cubecart folder on my pc and deleted the files mentioned thus ensuring there was no way i would upload those files! Next i used smartftp to upload the files and pointed it to send those files where i already had an old version of cubecart installed. After it uploaded the files i then used ftp to upload sir will's script and pointed it to upload in in the following path ----upgrade---scripts---- it then created a new folder called upgrade and contained in this folder was upgrade.php. I then went to control panel and went to file manager and tried to run the script by clicking on the file and then in the right hand side it shows me a url. I clicked on this url and it gives me the following error message:

Warning: main(includes/global.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tvhitsho/public_html/cubecart/upgrade/scripts/upgrade/upgrade.php on line 3

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/global.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tvhitsho/public_html/cubecart/upgrade/scripts/upgrade/upgrade.php on line 3

Warning: main(includes/functions.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tvhitsho/public_html/cubecart/upgrade/scripts/upgrade/upgrade.php on line 4

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/functions.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tvhitsho/public_html/cubecart/upgrade/scripts/upgrade/upgrade.php on line 4

Warning: main(admin/includes/functions.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tvhitsho/public_html/cubecart/upgrade/scripts/upgrade/upgrade.php on line 5

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'admin/includes/functions.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tvhitsho/public_html/cubecart/upgrade/scripts/upgrade/upgrade.php on line 5

Warning: main(classes/db.inc.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/tvhitsho/public_html/cubecart/upgrade/scripts/upgrade/upgrade.php on line 6

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'classes/db.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/tvhitsho/public_html/cubecart/upgrade/scripts/upgrade/upgrade.php on line 6

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: db in /home/tvhitsho/public_html/cubecart/upgrade/scripts/upgrade/upgrade.php on line 7

So i then try and click again on the file and this time i choose the option to show file, when it does show the file it shows this:

File Type: PHP script text

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mySQLSafe($_POST['username']), $db->mySQLSafe(md5($_POST['password'])));

$ccAdminData = $db->select($query);

if($ccAdminData[0]['isSuper']==1){

$_SESSION['SWccAdmin'] = "yes";

}

}

if(!isset($_SESSION['SWccAdmin']) || $_SESSION['SWccAdmin'] != "yes"){

$msgr = "You MUST log in with your Admin info before an Upgrade is permitted.";

Heading();

?>

Please log in with your admin user/pass.

Username: Password:

3.0.7-pl1

if($ini['ver'] == "3.0.0") {

$db->misc("ALTER TABLE `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_order_inv` ADD `stockUpdated` INT DEFAULT '0' NOT NULL ;");

$db->misc("CREATE TABLE `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_lang` (

`id` int(11) NULL auto_increment,

`cat_master_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`cat_lang` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',

`cat_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

KEY `id` (`id`)

) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;");

$db->misc("ALTER TABLE `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory` CHANGE `prodWeight` `prodWeight` DECIMAL( 10, 3 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL");

}

// 3.0.1/3.0.2 -> 3.0.7-pl1

if($ini['ver'] == "3.0.1" || $ini['ver'] == "3.0.2") {

$db->misc("CREATE TABLE `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_cats_lang` (

`id` int(11) NULL auto_increment,

`cat_master_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

`cat_lang` varchar(20) NOT NULL default '',

`cat_name` varchar(255) NOT NULL default '',

KEY `id` (`id`)

) TYPE=MyISAM AUTO_INCREMENT=1 ;");

$db->misc("ALTER TABLE `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inventory` CHANGE `prodWeight` `prodWeight` DECIMAL( 10, 3 ) NULL DEFAULT NULL");

}

// 3.0.3/3.0.4 -> 3.0.7-pl1

if($ini['ver'] == "3.0.3" || $ini['ver'] == "3.0.4") {

$db->misc("TRUNCATE TABLE `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inv_lang`");

$db->misc("ALTER TABLE `".$glob['dbprefix']."CubeCart_inv_lang` CHANGE `id` `id` INT( 11 ) NULL AUTO_INCREMENT");

}

// 3.0.5 -> 3.0.7-pl1

if($ini['ver'] == "3.0.5") {

}

$msgb = "Database updated from ".$ini['ver']." to 3.0.7-pl1 specification.";

Heading();

?>

Thank you. Your store database has been updated. Please now delete this upgrade script.

You may now upload the CubeCart Version 3.0.7-pl1 files to your web site.

Devellion Ltd, Sir William & SWScripts.com provide this upgrade script without any warranty of any

kind and by proceeding you are doing so entirely at your own risk.

PLEASE TAKE A FULL BACK UP OF THE STORE FILES

AND YOUR DATABASE BEFORE THIS IS DONE!

>> UPGRADE TO VERSION 3.0.7-pl1 NOW <<

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here is a copy of your global.inc.php file incase you overwrite it.

Please copy this and save it on your computer just to be safe.

<?php

$file = file_get_contents("includes/global.inc.php");

echo $file;

?>

/includes/global.inc.php

Also, be sure to NOT overwrite your /language/XX/home.inc.php files or you

will lose your customized front page(s).

$msgr\n\n";

if(isset($msgb)) echo "$msgb\n\n";

}

function Footer() {

?>

Copyright 2005-2006 Sir William & SWScripts.com

PLEASE somebody help me!!

Let me extend the previous advice.

You would be better off avoiding the pre-installed version of ANY server side program such as CubeCart. I run a hosting business and all my clients have cPanel which comes with Fantastico. It permits you to install any of a few dozen excellent applications.

I tell every one of my customers (I know each of them personally) to use Fantastico only for the information about the excellent popular apps it describes. When you open Fanstatico and click on an item, you get not just a description of the product and an simple inmstaller, you also get a link to the home page of the original source.

The original source almost always has a newer version than the one offered in Fantastico. For example, your Fantastico is offering you 3.05 but a fast evolving CC is now about to reach 3.08 - and this is a very imporant upgrade for bugs and security issues. The upgrade will probably be released so soon that it would be a mistake to not wait for it.

Your web hoster's version, expecially if it coming through Fantastico, may go for a month or more before it upgrades. For example, 3.06 has been out for at least two months as I recall - and 3.07 has been around maybe a month. A secuurty pacth for 3.07 came out almost the same day.

So how do you install yourself after you download 3.08 (when it comes out)? It seems complicated but it's not.

In anticipation of 3.08, go get yourself either SmartFTP or WS_FTP. The fomer is free for about 30 days and then goes to a nag-screen. The latter is free for 30 days - and then I think it stops working - but it is the better of the two and worth the fee. I've had problems with spontaneous dropped connections using all other FTPs on some servers - but never with WS_FTP.

The CC installation step that gives most people a problem involves installing the right information in the CubeCart five-step script. I know I get crazy when I get an error at step 3 - until I recall how the script wants the database name and user name - and then all goes well.

Don't be intimidated by the direct installation. You'll get the latest CC version - and you'll be empowered to keep it updated and modified and skinned, using the same skills you learned at the start. Further, you'll find here's no shortage of good free support here - just make sue that you ask in the appropriate sub-forum - and avoid generic subject lines such as "help me." Describe your problem in more specific terms and more people will open the message.

Good luck