One paypal 2 stores?

Guest sound

I was just wondering before i jump in and totally rearrange everything.

If you have only one paypal account, can you set up two stores.

Seems stupid of me to ask but wasn't sure, one store is for tangible goods.

Now i'm thinking of copyong that store and hosting it elsewhere.

So the second store will be digital goods.

I guess there should be no problemsetting those two up in paypal ?

But what if i want to create more using paypal?

It wont b a problem as long as only one store is using the ipn. feature of paypal as it needs to be specified within paypal.
Actually, unless they have changed their policy in recent times, PayPal will not allow a member to have more than one account. I had applied for a second account about two years ago and was told then that it's a big no-no. I had a similar response from Google when I wanted multiple AdSense publisher accounts. Probably a security issue.

I can imagine a few ways in which multiple PayPal accounts would facilitate mischief . . . hmmm . . . in fact if I . . . naaaah - prison just ain't what it used to be.

Yea but no but yea but no but..

If i use one store as a normal tangibal goods store, that only requires an email right?

So then i have a downloads store elsewhere, i can use the ipn setup yea.

That would work.. after that ur kinda screwed with paypal.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

Guest woodbtreasures

I don't know who you talked to but they were obviously an idiot misinformed (no surprise with and ebay owned company)

I have 3 different pp accounts and the ONLY requirement for multiple accounts is that they cannot share credit card information between them.

I have been on the phone with pp b4 and dealt with issues concerning all 3 accounts at the same time and they have never given me any problems about it at all.

As long as you have the log-in info then you're all set, and pp's system keeps you from using the same credit card number so it's really a non-issue

Basic answer YES you can run more than One Store of the same Paypal Account, Infact there is a Mod that alowes BOTH to use IPN but i haven't been able to find it and so am currently working on one of my own...

Without such a mod you can simply set up one store to use Standard Paypal return and the other to use Paypal IPN and all will work fine for you :)...

good luck to you :blink:...

No as the Address would be passed to paypal on each order there is an option to do it that way with Paypal now using a NotifyURL paypal works with two + stores using IPN...