Showing delivery charge in Cart stage 1

Hi,

Quick one - how I can make CubeCart (using 3.0.4) show the delivery prices in the first stage of the cart (i.e the step before you login, the one you get to by clicking "View Cart")?

I have got the delivery options drop down list showing, but when I choose a new selection from the list and click "Update", the page reloads but the change isn't stored.

Any ideas?

Matt

Hi,

Quick one - how I can make CubeCart (using 3.0.4) show the delivery prices in the first stage of the cart (i.e the step before you login, the one you get to by clicking "View Cart")?

I have got the delivery options drop down list showing, but when I choose a new selection from the list and click "Update", the page reloads but the change isn't stored.

Any ideas?

Matt

Matt,

tried to work this out a while ago. What prevents this from being easy is the logic where the delivery address is only known in step 4 and therefore the delivery costs could change depending on your posting options. My client has the same charges for any delivery but we couldn't work out a simple solution to this problem so we just included a small info box to explain the charges prior to the process.

Hope that helps

Peter

Yeah, I suppose that is a way round it. Odd that it should be so restricted? I wonder if Brooky might be able to help us out with this one?

I'll let you know if I make any progress.

Mat

Yes, I understand that, but is there anyway to bypass this? All customers will always be charged the same amounts (various levels, decided by the value of the order), regardless of where they live, whether they are logged in etc.

Any ideas?

Matt