To many items, to much weight, gives "can't ship to your coun

Guest FugitiveToys

Guest FugitiveToys

While doing some testing on our cart we have a Test Item with a weight of 10 pounds. I tried ordering 100 of these (which would total 1000 pounds) and UPS gives an error saying it can't ship to my country. I have the calc.php fix, so that's not the issue. It really appears to have everything to do with the weight of the order.

How can I get around this? Obviously UPS can't ship a 1000 pound item, but that's not the case here. It'd bee 100 separate 10 pound items in different boxes...meaning we could ship that.

So anybody have any ideas on a fix? We're using the UPS shipping module.

[ause. Go into the language file and change the words of the error mesage to something like "UPS cannot ship a package of this weight."

That will work if the only thing that triggers the mesage is the weight. If the issue truly is the destination - or something else triggers this error - the user will be confused.

Guest FugitiveToys

[ause. Go into the language file and change the words of the error mesage to something like "UPS cannot ship a package of this weight."

That will work if the only thing that triggers the mesage is the weight. If the issue truly is the destination - or something else triggers this error - the user will be confused.

No no, i don't think you get what I'm saying. I'm saying that shipping 100 items, each of 10 pounds, isn't a problem but UPS is registering the order as 1 big box that weights 1000 pounds. The issue here isn't the error message but rather how do I make UPS recognize the fact that sometimes things will ship in more than 1 box.