I need help. Site hacked, upgraded to 3.0.8, now problems!

Guest EaglePilot

Guest EaglePilot

My Cubecart was recently hacked, so I had just uploaded a saved version of the store, and everything went back to 'normal'. I needed to do the upgrade from 3.0.6 to 3.0.8, so I did, and that's where the problems happened. The shopping cart was not allowing people to check out, regardless of what I tried, so I reloaded the 3.0.6 saved version again. For some reason, it is as if the website has never existed. All products are gone! Everything is nonexistent! I don't know why this happened. My questions are:

1. What can I do? Is there anyway to "find" the old store?

2. If I do have to start over, is there anyway to access the product descriptions so I don't have to retype everything?

3. Even with the 'new' store, once I did the setup, I tried to login, and it didn't recognize. Wouldn't this all be in the database? Have I lost everybody?

Help, help, help, I desperately need help!

Thanks,

Greg

Guest tbladecki

Did you make a FULL backup before doing the upgrade to the 3.08?? If you did then we should be able to save it if not then you may be in trouble

REMEMBER ALWAYS, ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST!!!

Guest Kyrasis6

There is a couple files in the upgrade readme file that it says NOT to upload, sounds like you may have uploaded one or all of them. I did the same thing on my first upgrade on accident, kind of like realizing our car keys are in the ignition 2 inches before your locked car door swings shut. DOH!!!

Mine did the same thing, store dissappeard. I did some tinkering and the store showed up but the products where gone and it wouldn't take my login. I had to delete everything and reinstall from scratch then did the upgrade before I set up anything and when I unzipped the upgrade files on my computer I put the ones I didn't need to upload in a seperate folder so that I couldn't accidently mess it up again.

1. What can I do? Is there anyway to "find" the old store?

2. If I do have to start over, is there anyway to access the product descriptions so I don't have to retype everything?

3. Even with the 'new' store, once I did the setup, I tried to login, and it didn't recognize. Wouldn't this all be in the database? Have I lost everybody?

Help, help, help, I desperately need help!

Thanks,

Greg

A proper hosting service would have backups that they would resinstall, without charge, in a just a few minutes in response to an email or phone call at any hour of the day or night. **edited as you were advertising your services.