Has anyone else hosted through this company?

Guest Olivia3310

Guest Olivia3310

Has anyone else hosted through this company? www.bwbd.co.uk

I was just recently screwed over by another hosting company and i do not want to make the same mistake twice. I am pretty much illiterate when It comes to the terminology most of these guys use so I never feel sure that this Is what I need. The gentlemen i have been exchanging e-mails with from this company have been good but I don't know forsure that is why I come to you. I need to find someone i can count on being there when i need help. I know how to stock and inventory my own store but I do not know coding for Installing logos and what not on the stores header. I am picky about the look of the store and I cannot control that, I need help when It comes to that part of the whole website. So any help or Info on this company would be appreciated. I have also been In talks with Lunar pages but I am not quite sure If they only host your site, no trouble shooting? Thank you all In advance. Have a great weekend.

Guest Olivia3310

Now I really don't know what to do, I just spoke to my husband and he said he purchased the domain name through the host that we can no longer find! I thought he set it up through Godaddy, but he did not. This just keeps getting worse. So the only access I have right now Is to my admin page for Cubecart thats all.. I would really hate to lose this domain name as my husband has printed numerous flyers and business cards and google adwords and what not. Is there anything I can do? Please help.. Thank you.

Now I really don't know what to do, I just spoke to my husband and he said he purchased the domain name through the host that we can no longer find! I thought he set it up through Godaddy, but he did not. This just keeps getting worse. So the only access I have right now Is to my admin page for Cubecart thats all.. I would really hate to lose this domain name as my husband has printed numerous flyers and business cards and google adwords and what not. Is there anything I can do? Please help.. Thank you.

go to godaddy.com and put in your webaddress in the "check for availablity" it should say something to the liking of "that domain is taken click here for info" click on that, it will bring up a box that makes you read and enter a number...taht will give you the WHOIS information. IF you didn't change the registrar to yourself then it should still be set to your host, or your name servers set to the host that registered it to.

If you give me your site address i'll find the info for you

Now I really don't know what to do, I just spoke to my husband and he said he purchased the domain name through the host that we can no longer find!

Don't panic - it's all fixable and there are many here who will help you. Liike everything else involving a computer, it's not difficult - merely complicated. :D

To be serious, what is the domain name? I'll find out for certain who is the registrar and then guide you through controlling it.

Joe

Guest mashurst

I really really, hate plugging anybody, especially someone I am not affliated with but,

websitesource

They have been around at least 5+ years, and I have my site hosted for about 8 bucks a month. They have Cubecart 2.* in fantastico, you can just click it and it is installed. The domain name was cheap, like 12 bucks for a year and they have package discounts if you are willing to commit.

They have always answered any of my questions quickly, most of the time I can go to the real time chat 24/7 and get an answer. They have answered cubecart related questions.

I manually installed cc 3.06 and used it for about a month and got somewhat comfortable with it, despite being a php mysql novice.

I would recommend purchasing a license for cubecart once you get up an running though. If you run into any serious problems, you will need to ask the developer for support.

For the money, you can't beat cubecart.

Good luck.

P.S.

another plug,

user: markscarts for graphics work (commercial)

user: goober for functionality work (commercial)

also, best store I have seen lately graphically that uses cubecart is fugitivetoys.com Whoever put that site together did a real good job of totally customizing the site. I was jealous :P

-M :D

Guest Jason Robinson

Howdy!

I've just been through a few weeks o' hell trying to get CubeCart working with SSL and PayPal Pro with a really lame hosting company that did NOT pan out.

I just had my client switch her account to DreamHost (http://www.dreamhost.com), and within a few days, we have a working, fully functional cart running the latest version of CubeCart. Sometimes a good host can make all the difference!

I'm hesitant to "advertise" here, but I've been a DreamHost customer for over two years, and have found them to be absolutely stellar in all situations. *AND*, I can vouch for their full compatibility with my specific set of needs (PayPal Pro gateway, GoDaddy Medium-Security SSL certificate, CC 3.0.8).

There are of course other great hosting companies out there as well... Read a lot and compare which features meet your needs.

Another tip? I like to do pre-emptive google searches like "<Name of hosting company> Sucks!" and "<name of hosting company> Rocks!" to find out the personal experiences of the bloggers of the world. Usually much more informative than the 'testimonials' pages of the companies themselves.

Feel free to PM me if you have further questions about DreamHost or about my experience with DreamHost or with, uhh... the other guys.

Peace,

Jason

Guest EverythingWeb

I think, as per the recent thread of the similar vein, that for the integrity of the boards, this thread is now closed, because as per usual, it is turning into an adveritising/recomendations bill-board.

*Click*

Thanks.