Confirmation email after order placed

Guest dagsky

Hi i'm using ver 3.71 and yesterday noticed that when a customer places an order they do not get an email confirming their order. This actually something i tried out myself to see what was going on, so i placed an order and used my own email address that does not have a spam blocker. I went through the whole order and even payed 2p for my order but i didn't get a confirmation order. I then went into admin and updated the status to complete and ticked the box saying inform customer and i DID get that email!!

So what gremlin could be hiding in my shop?

Oh and another question i may as well go for here now is how do i manually go and remove people that have signed up to the newsletter as i've seen some fake addresses in there.

Hi i'm using ver 3.71 and yesterday noticed that when a customer places an order they do not get an email confirming their order. This actually something i tried out myself to see what was going on, so i placed an order and used my own email address that does not have a spam blocker. I went through the whole order and even payed 2p for my order but i didn't get a confirmation order. I then went into admin and updated the status to complete and ticked the box saying inform customer and i DID get that email!!

So what gremlin could be hiding in my shop?

Oh and another question i may as well go for here now is how do i manually go and remove people that have signed up to the newsletter as i've seen some fake addresses in there.

Hi Dagsky,

About the emails...I'm having the same problem. I can send status change and mailing list but not the order confirmations...I did have it all working but I think I must have messed up a script or something. Did it the order confirmations ever work for you?

About the unsubscribe, it's www.yourcart.com/index.php?act=unsubscribe

Guest groovejuice

Icools, I believe print order form out-of-the-box does not send a confirmation email. If you check out Estelle's site, she has a POF mod that does just that. I haven't used 2checkout, but I'd double check the path back to your confirmation page.

Oh shoot, sorry. I'm talking about the emails that go to admin when an order is placed and I thought dagsky was as well, but I am mistaken. yes, 2checkout is sending out the email to the customer, but the emails to admin have stopped, again.

hi sorry for the delay ion getting back! Ok what i'm on about is when a customer places an order with my shop they would get an email AUTOMATICALLY from my shop(cubecart automatically sends it out) with a list of items they bought. At the same time cubecart used to send me an automatic email informing me of this order. HOWEVER both have now stopped and i have NOT changed a thing in my store. Basically i have to go into admin to see if there are any orders and ONLY when i change the status of an order to completed will it then send an emal to the customer with order details and watever else.

I dunno wats gone wrong..............

Oh shoot, sorry. I'm talking about the emails that go to admin when an order is placed and I thought dagsky was as well, but I am mistaken. yes, 2checkout is sending out the email to the customer, but the emails to admin have stopped, again.

leila like I said last week, it's your host and using the combination of your rogers email

I'm sure the other person is having problems with the same thing.

Try changing your STMP port to 587...it's worth a shot but shouldn't matter.

leila like I said last week, it's your host and using the combination of your rogers email

I'm sure the other person is having problems with the same thing.

Try changing your STMP port to 587...it's worth a shot but shouldn't matter.

Yes, thanks. I tested port 25 and 587 on Mac Terminal and 587 got through fine, however not with the smtp mail. My host is trying to help me solve the smtp problem and their last response was to try some changes to the smtp.php file which did not work. In fact, since then, admin is no longer getting order confirmations by mail(), which makes no sense. Hopefully we can get it resolved. I'm sure their next response will be to look at the other files, so if you have any suggestions...

Btw, when I said it was all fixed, it turned out to be because I had removed all the smtp settings (!), because mail() has always worked for me...until this week anyway.

Ok what i'm on about is when a customer places an order with my shop they would get an email AUTOMATICALLY from my shop(cubecart automatically sends it out) with a list of items they bought.

I didn't even know this was possible. It has never happened for me.