My inventory is gone after reinstall...help?

Guest cerakali

Guest cerakali

so, i'm coming into someone elses cubecart site. they were running 2. i reinstalled 3.0.8 - i didnt do it from the "upgrade" file, i did it from the "upload" file, i figured it needed to be a clean reinstall after skipping so many versions.

i backed up the public_html file i had before the reinstall.

after the install, all my inventory and images were gone. the images are still on the webserver, it's just that the admin section of cubecart doesnt register them.

i dug through the public_html files that i'd backed up, and i cant find the files that contain the inventory.

am i screwed? do i have to re-enter all 100 items?

help!

did you try and upgrade from Version 2 to Version 3?

or version 3.0.2 to version 3.0.8?

if you tried from version2 to version 3 you need to run a special upgrade script.

I sell the script or you can pay me to upgrade the store.

Guest cerakali

Also, backing up just the public_html directory will NOT backup the database, as the database is not stored there. You will need to do this separately, and before you attempt to upgrade the software (just in case).

sorry, what i'm saying is i already DID the reinstall, from version 2 to version 3.0.8, and now my inventory is gone. i did not make a backup of the database, i was being dumb.

so is the database fully lost, and do i have to reupload all of my products?

sorry, what i'm saying is i already DID the reinstall, from version 2 to version 3.0.8, and now my inventory is gone. i did not make a backup of the database, i was being dumb.

so is the database fully lost, and do i have to reupload all of my products?

I've not tried version 2, so I don't know whether if v3 uses the same table names. You might be lucky in that the data is still there in the v2 DB table structure. However if the tables have been overwritten or modified, and you have no backup, then yes you will have to add all your products again.

cerakali, your best course of action at this point is to get your server control panel, FTP and store login info to EvilHomer and let him see if your store data can be recovered. What you need now is experience and Carl has it in spades! ;)

:blink: