Is this VAT in CC 3.08 a bug thing??

HI all i have just noticed that what ever i change ie Taxes , states countries etc to try to make it work ( NOTHING)

i am finding that vat ( tax) @ 17.5% is not working ? now maybe i have done something wrong but i have double checked admin settings and this forum for any answers?

then on another post some one says there is a mod for this??

Surley it should work normally?

I am only trading in UK

Shipping is all free

their is main £ price with 10% off throught products (all of them)

i have only one currency £ GBP

and i have only set tax to UK > All counties ( or states as it says)

so can any one tell me why its in Admin section if not working???

I am using 3.08 CC

and only mod i have is SUBcats also on left side box

i am puzzeled as at least i do need to have VAT included in the prices and their not.

Site: http://www.buskersmoorcroft.co.uk/shopping...viewCat&catId=6

Im sure I read somewhere that there was a glitch where you needed to set it to no for yes and yes for no in some versions try that?

thanks for that info just tried it no success ;)

by the way i am using 3.08 latest updated.

Guest degsey69

Ok had a good delve around in your admin, the problem is, that there is not a problem its the way that Cubecart is laid out.

To explain if you want to include vat in prices you just leave the tax seting at 0, because you are selling the end price.

If you want to show vat on the invoice then you have to set the products in admin under locale settings not to include tax in price. You then set the tax rate in Taxes. At checkout it will show the prices net of tax and then the tax, shipping and the the Grand Total.

What bugs people here is is that you have an invoice showing Total tax when you have included this in the prices and you do not want this statement here.

Easiest way round this is to edit language\en\lang.inc.php

Look for this line and any line with Total Tax

'total_tax' => "Total Tax:",

and take out Total Tax out to leave

'total_tax' => "",

There will be not a tax statement shown but there will still be zero's in the table against where it was previously.

I have sent you a PM if you want any more explaination. ;) :errm:

thanks for trying degsey69 ;)

but the problem was i got 2-3 order emails from you last night as you tested and vat is not being added to the total price ( i.e say product 1 cost rrp £100 i then want to add normal VAT @ 17.5% = £117.50 and then less 10% online discount which then should show total ( in price and at end of invoice ) = £105.75 which customer pays.

how ever it seems that the 10% discount is working but i cant see the 17.5% vat added any where ie not working at all. and the Vat has to be added as they are VAT registered so have to charge it.

i am most greatfull for you looking at my site total dedicated CC helper :errm:

also does it matter what name you call the "tax" section in admin

I have called it "tax" also tried VAT and also tax class.

but still with no joy i have tried tax included and not include

also tried changing country etc.

Is any one esle selling in UK charging the standard VAT @ 17.5% got theirs working??

I have found problem

It only shows the VAT when you sign in as an account to buy

then once you put full details in VAT is then added to total bill.

How ever this is now sorted is there a way to include this even when you are not signed in to an account.????

I am sure it would help everyone in UK and others

that is great thanks will have a look later cheers for what you did last night and i have my site like your now but i am still after to show the vat in the end bill and the only way i can see is you only get the vat when they login in or sign up and i now need another mod so that full prices show all the time my customer doesnt want to mislead their customers and apart from put include Vat like your nest to all 500+ products could be a pain.

but cheers for that again. ;)

My fault i have now found out that the prices i put into admin have Vat included in the price so when i go to checkout i DONT want anything added on to the price how ever i do need to show that vatable % of the total in the end checkout.

like £1175 in put in admin for new product ( which included vat)

@ checkout i need to show

total £1175

inluced vat £ 175

total to pay £1175

hope this makes sence

maybe i estelle's vat mod will do this?

any ideas

@ checkout i need to show

total £1175

inluced vat £ 175

total to pay £1175

I also need this one. I need to have tax classes like 1%, 8%, 18%, 26% etc currently set up per product. But it bugs me when I can not see the total vat value only to be shown (not to mix things up with payment gateways etc)..

products price: 118$, vat 18% included: vat_part = product_price * vat / ( 100 + vat ) ;)

Guest degsey69

I think that you guys should pm Estelle and ask her if she can help, the principle is sound and it would mean a modification of her tax mod.

So that at checkout below the grand total you will see a statement line saying £175 Vat included in Grand Total.

That should be achieveable. ;)

yes it seems that way i just spoke with Estelle and her current VAT mods want do what i want ( ie show the inclusive vAT in end checkout as all my prices have vat included.

So unless i re do all my prices ( 300+) with out vat and let CC do it normally, I am not sure what i can do? :D

yes it seems that way i just spoke with Estelle and her current VAT mods want do what i want ( ie show the inclusive vAT in end checkout as all my prices have vat included.

So unless i re do all my prices ( 300+) with out vat and let CC do it normally, I am not sure what i can do? :D

You can run an SQL command from phpMYADMIN which will automatically deduct VAT from the prices in your catalogue.

UPDATE CubeCart_inventory SET price = price * 100 / (100 + 17.5);

Make a backup of your database before doing this.

I'm no expert with phpMYADMIN but managed to run this command successfully on my catalogue only yesterday. Estelle's flexible tax mod came with the neccessary instructions on how to achieve this.

Hope this helps