Upgrading from 3.04 to 3.08

Guest pixelgale

Guest pixelgale

Total Newbie here. I've tried to upgrade from 3.04 to 3.08 but have been unsuccessful. I've followed the instructions as I understand them. I downloaded the upgrade, unzipped the file to the desktop, put the files into the hard drive in my store files and FTP'd them online, BUT the store still shows that it is 3.04. What am I doing wrong? Please help.

Guest pixelgale

No, it didn't tell me I was overwriting files. So where did it put the new ones and how do I go about correcting it?

When you uploaded the files, did your FTP program tell you that you were overwriting files?

It sounds like you've not uploaded to the correct place.

I'm guessing you uploaded the 'upload' directory. Therefore look for an 'upload' directory on the server?

You need to upload the files at the same level as they exist on the server, so they do get overwritten.

Take a backup of both the files and database first! Backups are ALWAYS very important with ANY upgrade.

Guest pixelgale

I did a backup before I started this current upgrade, so I'm covered there. I will try your suggestions and let you know if I can get it to work. Thanks!!

I'm guessing you uploaded the 'upload' directory. Therefore look for an 'upload' directory on the server?

You need to upload the files at the same level as they exist on the server, so they do get overwritten.

Take a backup of both the files and database first! Backups are ALWAYS very important with ANY upgrade.

Guest pixelgale

I uploaded to a different file, and it WORKED!! Thanks!

I did a backup before I started this current upgrade, so I'm covered there. I will try your suggestions and let you know if I can get it to work. Thanks!!