Over One Million Stores

Guest cntgifts

Guest cntgifts

i bet that number would be trippled if CubeCart was open source like osc and zen..

the number one problem with CUbe is everyone dont wanna help out and release the good mods for free they all wanna make a dollar on it

Whats the difference between you modders and zencart and osc modders??

Guest bennyuk

i bet that number would be trippled if CubeCart was open source like osc and zen..

That would be more money for Brooky (if some more registered) and more people in this forum, which would be good.

the number one problem with CUbe is everyone dont wanna help out and release the good mods for free they all wanna make a dollar on it

I think most people "help out" when they can, but as "help" in here is all for free some people do have other earning jobs to focus on. Personally I have had an LOTS of little bits of help from LOTS of people which all adds up to a whole load of help for free, it's great!

I've used CC on some projects, and speant $100's on mods, all worth it as it saves my time creating them. Some bits I have to create myself, and some I get requested to make. All mods I charge for are loss leaders, I don't make any thing near like the amount of time that goes into writing them. I doubt anyone makes a decent amount from mods, but every little helps. Some people that buy mods use them for stores that sell items and make them money. If someone came to me and said "can I have some of your time to create something that will ultimatley make me more money/profit from my store, but can I have it for free?" I'd be less motivated to create a solution/mod. I have do quie a bit of web related work for some local charities and community groups that don't "make money" but I do like to get some small token for some of the work put in (when the work is used to make OTHER PEOPLE more money).

Whats the difference between you modders and zencart and osc modders??

We have CC thongs... ;)

Whatever the difference is, it's good to be different. Stand out, don't follow the herd. Be different be unique... damn, I'm slipping back towards the thongs now, time to quit....

If CC were like OSC or Zen it would be updated every 5 years just like OSC and Zen instead of every few weeks.

BTW you have no idea how much work we do helping others FOR FREE! I can't go on MSN, Yahoo or ICQ without getting PM's from someone needing help. As I recall you were one of those people yourself. The ratio of free help to paid mods is very wide and let's throw the freebies in there as well. Not only the freebies on cubecart.org but also on private sites.

The moderators on CC are not paid, nor ar we told to help people with their code. We do it because it is the nature of this software and the fact that we are all involved with its success or failure. And that includes paying $5 or $10 for a mod so that the developer can continue their work that is vital to the life breath of the program.

Hopefully you will make money using the free, paid mods and free advice you get from here. A small price to pay for your success I'd say.

Guest cntgifts

no different then zen and osc there modders aint paid and they release there modifications for free.

If cubecart was liek that and had the updates comming frequently it would be hands down the greatest cart ever with more users

And releases every other week aint that great having to upgrade every week cuz a new bug gets found. If the developer did take its time in releasing thigns he could get most of the bugs worked out maybe even release it beta first to have others looking for bugs as well

Guest cntgifts

haha

no im just stating my point that this place could be much bigger and better if things were done different isntead of having everyone beoing out to make money from people like me the other guys dont do it why does Cube have to

Guest EverythingWeb

And what you also appear to be forgetting, is that if this were open-source software, Devellion Ltd (aka Brooky) wouldn't be generating any income, and so the project would die a death.

Guest vrakas

CC does all that is needed to have an online store. Now if someone needs extra mods with special needs for his store they are so cheap that you can buy them.

Skinning your site is not so hard and again they are also available if you wish to purchase them.

We all forget that Mods are also available for FREE and i use a few of them on my clients store.

The most expensive Mod i purchased was a credit card processing for my country that was needed for a client and i did not regret it since i also got paid for this :)

Personally i never regret using CC and have licenced all stores i am using/setup for clients.

Cant wait to see CC3.10, now thats going to be something else :)

The answer is simple cntgifts

1) Build your own shopping cart and offer regular updates and support for free ( Already your making a loss as it will cost you for a domain,hosting,copyright etc

2) Make mods yourself releasing them for free so people are more likely to sign up on your cart over any other

3) Hire a support team to answer emails, support tickets and moderate forums for you, as you wont allow them to charge a few $$'s for a mod in return for helping the community

4) Failing all that instead of asking for mods build it yourself and then you will see why many of the mods charge a few $$'s for hours/weeks of there time for you to make money.

My 2 cents

Guest hennaboy

no different then zen and osc there modders aint paid and they release there modifications for free.

If cubecart was liek that and had the updates comming frequently it would be hands down the greatest cart ever with more users

And releases every other week aint that great having to upgrade every week cuz a new bug gets found. If the developer did take its time in releasing thigns he could get most of the bugs worked out maybe even release it beta first to have others looking for bugs as well

Releases to fix and implement code changes every other day, weekly, monthly are welcome to me. Especially if it means that the cart operates and is secure. Just go to the securityfocus website. Do a search for oscommerce and then do a search for cubecart. This in my opinion says it all.

I like that this software is being continously worked on, improved, modified and expanded. If not by Brooky then by all the modders and why shouldnt you pay for a mod? Quite frankly some of the mods ive seen on here are a god send. You get what you pay for and what your paying for here is quite simply a better quality of work.

You dont even have to pay for the Cubecart software if you dont want to.

Personally i feel i can rely on cubecart as i know that it is being developed, worked on and improved. This generates a feeling of good faith in the life of cubecart. Which to me is very important as it means that i have a shopping cart software on my website that will continue to function, be secure and as it improves increase my sales capability.

If the developer did take its time in releasing thigns he could get most of the bugs worked out maybe even release it beta first to have others looking for bugs as well
heh.... doesn't quite work that way.

I love CubeCart. Zen and osC are dinosaurs by comparison. I chose CC on the basis of how customisable it was for designing, and how usable it was for less techie people who are my clients.

In my opinion, the guys and gals helping in the forums are saints. I had to ask for help when I first found CC, and the help I received instowed a welcome confidence in the potential of CubeCart. Bugs are fixed as soon as, security issues are fixed as soon as, and everyone is very helpful and accommodating even to the stupidest of questions. Try getting that from the osC and Zen forums, where some of them have god like self-images and like to make it known (from experience).

CubeCart is a great script well worth the license fee (thanks Brooky!).

There are some great mods available, free and commercial, for extending the functionality of CubeCart if you wanted to (thanks to all moders for their valuable coding time).

And for those who value the impression they give their store visitors, a wide selection of great skins, free and commercial are available (Great work to all designers!).

There is no such thing as a free lunch in this world. :)