WHY ARE MY IMAGES SHOWN AS TEXT!??!

Guest libertygone

Guest estelle

Your images don't seem to exist. Check the images/uploads folder. Also, your thumbnails should be in the images/uploads/thumbs folder.

Guest libertygone

Your images don't seem to exist. Check the images/uploads folder. Also, your thumbnails should be in the images/uploads/thumbs folder.

they are in the ftp space. i just looked and downloaded them to my desktop and the images are not corrupted or anything. they should appear just fine.

Guest EverythingWeb

It appears that there is a complete Permission error, as trying to access the image directly results in:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /site/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_cap004.JPG on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can you check the CHMOD & Ownership settings - I have not heard many cases of images being un-readable by the webserver.

Guest libertygone

It appears that there is a complete Permission error, as trying to access the image directly results in:

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /site/images/uploads/thumbs/thumb_cap004.JPG on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Can you check the CHMOD & Ownership settings - I have not heard many cases of images being un-readable by the webserver.

the images are CHMOD at 777

Guest EverythingWeb

Hmm, interesting.

In answer to your actual problem; the images are showing as text as this is Firefoxes default behavior (show the ALT text when image itself is missing).

If you right-click the text, and properties, it will show you the link to the image itself - and it was from that link that I assertained a permissions problem.

Forbidden

What about the folder. CHMOD the images folder and all sub folders and files.

Guest libertygone

Forbidden

What about the folder. CHMOD the images folder and all sub folders and files.

now it wont even let me CHMOD the files/folders or any images

it says "505 thumb_cap004.JPG: Operation not permitted"