Footer Width

Guest Trainer

Guest Trainer

Hi I am new to Cubcart and I am trying to integrate it into a mates website. I am trying to make the cart a fixed width of 778 px. I have run into a problem with the footer width. It is displaying at 100% . I have searched the forum but can not find where to change this. You can see what I mean at http://www.trainernotes.com/Store . Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tia

Tom

Your large static page width is from your html code...

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

<table width="1256" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

Width is 1256px.

The footer is automatically added but can easily be removed by purchasing a license. However it can be styled in the style.css near the bottom. To add the background image to cover the entire page, call it in the 'body' CSS instead.

Guest Trainer

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

Width is 1256px.

The footer is automatically added but can easily be removed by purchasing a license. However it can be styled in the style.css near the bottom. To add the background image to cover the entire page, call it in the 'body' CSS instead.

Hi Robsta

Thanks for the reply.

When I call the Background Image from ' body'.css the image only displays once at the top of the page, it does not cover the complete page.

Can I set a fixed width for the footer anywhere? I have looked at style.css but can not see anywhere to make this change.

Thanks Again

Tom

<body bgcolor="#FFFFFF">

Width is 1256px.

Hi Robsta

Thanks for the reply.

When I call the Background Image from ' body'.css the image only displays once at the top of the page, it does not cover the complete page.

Can I set a fixed width for the footer anywhere? I have looked at style.css but can not see anywhere to make this change.

Thanks Again

Tom

You've got color settings in the HTML of the page which is probably overriding the stylesheet.

Regarding setting the footer to fixed width, I don't understand. It's already set to a fixed width?

Guest Trainer

Regarding setting the footer to fixed width, I don't understand. It's already set to a fixed width?

I want to set the footer containing the copyright links to be 798 Pixels wide . Is that Possible and if so how?

Thanks

I want to set the footer containing the copyright links to be 798 Pixels wide . Is that Possible and if so how? Thanks
You could set a graphic the size of what you need and center vertical tile it? However you can only have one 'body' CSS background image set, so you couldn't also have the general wallpaper set in the same place.

Guest Trainer

Hi Robsta

Thanks for your help. I was setting the styles in the page instead of the stylesheet. The problem with the background image displaying once was because 'background-repeat: repeat-x;' Removing this sorted the problem of the background image only displaying once.

You were right about my percieved problem with the footer. This was because the I had set the background in the table on index.tpl so the background was only background for that part of the page.. As you rightly said setting it in the stylesheet sorted the problem.

Thanks again for your help,

Tom