Legend skin - CSS

Guest Lotta

Guest Lotta

Hi everyone,

I´ve installed and modified Legend skin and when I moved the Site Docs box from the bottom of the page to the left column there were something strange happening with the background in the content area.

I modified the index.tpl to this:

:( So I changed it and modified the CSS so it looks okej in IE and in Opera like this:

<!-- BEGIN: body -->

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset={VAL_ISO}" />

<title>{META_TITLE}</title>

<meta name="description" content="{META_DESC}" />

<meta name="keywords" content="{META_KEYWORDS}" />

<link href="skins/{VAL_SKIN}/styleSheets/layout.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<link href="skins/{VAL_SKIN}/styleSheets/style.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />

<script language="javascript" src="js/jslibrary.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

</head>

<body>

<div id="pageSurround">

<div id="subSurround">

<div id="topHeader">

<div style="padding-top: 72px;">{SEARCH_FORM}</div>

<div>{SESSION}</div>

</div>

<div>

<div class="colLeft">

{CURRENCY}

{LANGUAGE}

{CATEGORIES}

{SITE_DOCS}

</div>

<div class="colMid">

{PAGE_CONTENT}

</div>

<div class="colRight">

{SHOPPING_CART}

{POPULAR_PRODUCTS}

{SALE_ITEMS}

{RANDOM_PROD}		

{INFORMATION}	

{MAIL_LIST}

</div>

</div>

<br clear="all" />

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

<!-- END: body -->

And then my Sitedocs.tpl looks like this after I modified it:

<!-- BEGIN: site_docs -->

<div class="boxTitleLeft">KUNDSERVICE</div>

<div class="boxContentLeft">

<!-- BEGIN: a -->

<a href="index.php?act=viewDoc&docId={DATA.doc_id}" class="txtSiteDocs">{DATA.doc_name}</a>

<!-- BEGIN: sep --><br /><!-- END: sep -->

<!-- END: a -->

</div>

<!-- END: site_docs -->

This seems to have made the div page surround go crazy!  
#subSurround {

border: 0px solid #5C84CE;

background: url('http://www.onhands.com/shop/skins/Legend/styleImages/backgrounds/contentBg.jpg') repeat-x bottom center;

position: absolute;/* IE Hack */

}

So now it looks fine. Except for one thing. I had to add a height (?) in the CSS here:

#pageSurround {

width: 748px;

height: 740px;

margin: 0px auto;

padding: 5px;

border: 1px solid #C0C0C0;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

}

If I dont have the height here the pageSurround are about 1 px height and that is all wrong. I don´t know what to do to make the height 100% and follow the subsurround? Gosh, I´m having difficulties to explain my problem... :)

I´ll simply try with only one question: What do I have to do to make the pageSurround be 100% in height and not have a given height? :D

The website are located here: www.onhands.com/shop

Thanks for your time and I´ll appreciate all answers and ideas. Hope someone can help me! :)

I find the best way is to make the top level container a table, and set that to 100% height.

Try changing the top level div...

<div id="pageSurround"> .....  your site code....  </div>

... to something like... 
<table id="pageSurround" height="100%"><tr><td> ... your site code ... </td></tr></table>

Of course you'll need to fiddle with the CSS for pageSurround including removing the height details from that ID in CSS... but this is one way.

Guest Lotta

I find the best way is to make the top level container a table, and set that to 100% height.

Try changing the top level div...

<div id="pageSurround"> .....  your site code....  </div>

... to something like... 
<table id="pageSurround" height="100%"><tr><td> ... your site code ... </td></tr></table>

Of course you'll need to fiddle with the CSS for pageSurround including removing the height details from that ID in CSS... but this is one way.

Thank you!!! :) Why didn´t I think of that earlier on? :D I´ll try that!!

Thanks once again!! :(

It's gone really wierd in Firefox too.... hmmm...

100% height is a pain, and can easily get broken. Try removing all the styling for it in the CSS until you can track down the problem styling. The table should be 100% without any CSS files, so to start with try removing all the CSS from loading to check the table does do 100% height. You certainly like a challenge :D

Guest Lotta

It's gone really wierd in Firefox too.... hmmm...

100% height is a pain, and can easily get broken. Try removing all the styling for it in the CSS until you can track down the problem styling. The table should be 100% without any CSS files, so to start with try removing all the CSS from loading to check the table does do 100% height. You certainly like a challenge :)

Yes, I certainly do! :( I think theres no other way then doing it step by step until I can track down the problem with the styling. *sigh* I´ve got a lot of work to do.... :D

Yes, I certainly do! :( I think theres no other way then doing it step by step until I can track down the problem with the styling. *sigh* I´ve got a lot of work to do.... :D
I usually start from scratch, much easier. :)