Starting a Webshop! (???)

Guest SaraW

Guest SaraW

Hey everyone hopefully someone can help me with this.

I want to start a webshop. I have already designed the homepage of my future site. I'm really new to ecommerce and have basically no idea what I'm getting myself into except that I know that I have a pretty good business plan.

Ok so I've designed the site and I know how I want it to look. I just need to make a cart and checkout system. I don't want to use the Cubecart templates :w00t: .How can I get this done?

I've been to the oscommerce.com site and when looking at the sites that use their system I see that they all look the same ..really ugly.

I want to keep my design but give my customers the ability to use their visa and mastercards and also get an invoice sent to their home giving them a few days to send the payment. I live in sweden...is that a problem?

please answer my q's and give me some advice! :)

thanx

Guest SaraW

after reading a bit(not alot though) about cubecart. I know understand that it's supported by Paypal and that's good. but I'm guessing that most of my costumers will want to use VISA, Mastercard etc without having to make a paypal account.

I have been looking at diffrent companies that offer to build your webshop and also give your costumers diffrent payment options like creditcards and invoices. it cost alot and I want to take care of my own design. So will cubecart enable me to build my own website (in the design I want...not with the offered templates) have baskets and checkout running smoothly? And then if I want I can make a deal with some company to offer the costumers VISA, Mastercard and invoice payment?

i'm thinking that would be cheaper..

Guest gwizard

You don't have to go with the default skins, you can make your own quite easily or purchase some custom ones or ask someone to translate your design to Cubecart. For example, Ansuk or Grassmeyer make truly magnificent skins and do some custom work as well.

As for the credit cards, you can either sign up with anyone from the companies already supported by CubeCart (look at admin gateways for a list) or sign up with some local company that puts a little machine for processing cards and get the mod mentioned in my signature.

Good luck !

Guest SaraW

Thanx ansuk and gwizard for replying :)

I will read alot more so that I can get a grip of what cucart really is :w00t: ...

but first on little question...

I only have to pay 69.95 if I want to remove "powered by CubeCart" from the top

and © Devellion Limited text from the footer. It's still the same price even if I don't use the templates, right?

And I can only remove them , from my own site designed by myself, if I pay the fee?

it doesn't matter if I use the templates or not.....?

Sara, that is right. Regardless of what you do with the skin, you MUST retain the copyright and vanity text if you don't register.

Also, don't try to create a skin from scratch, you'll want to pick one of the existing skins and start tweaking to get what you want. There are some VERY awesome sites out there that look NOTHING like the templates. Just take a look around. :)

:w00t:

Guest SaraW

Sara, that is right. Regardless of what you do with the skin, you MUST retain the copyright and vanity text if you don't register.

Also, don't try to create a skin from scratch, you'll want to pick one of the existing skins and start tweaking to get what you want. There are some VERY awesome sites out there that look NOTHING like the templates. Just take a look around. :D

:w00t:

But I've already practically fininished the design :D . I took a template from oswd.org and fixed it so it would suit me. Urgh...I don't feel like starting all over again */*