PayPal not showing $AUD

Guest chrismaber

Guest chrismaber

Hi,

I have installed the latest version of CubeCart 3.09 and have set up Paypal IPN. My Shop is set to Australian Dollars as default yet when you go through the check out procedure PayPal shows in $US.

I have trawled through my PayPal account and have not found anything to help me.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance. :)

Latest version is 3.0.10, just a side words.

Suppose your problem is in currency ratio, check this in Admin Control Panel->Store Config->Currencies.

What number is for AUS? Anything else than 1.000000? If so this is the problem.

Payment gateway files doesnt recalculate prices as front-end does.

Guest chrismaber

Latest version is 3.0.10, just a side words.

Suppose your problem is in currency ratio, check this in Admin Control Panel->Store Config->Currencies.

What number is for AUS? Anything else than 1.000000? If so this is the problem.

Payment gateway files doesnt recalculate prices as front-end does.

Thanks for your quick response 'Convict'.

Ooops sorry, the cart is version 3.0.10.

AUS ($AUD) is set at 1.0000, the problem is when the cart goes to the PayPal site, the PayPal site shows $US not $AUD.

When the cart goes to the PayPal site the Currency should be parsed as $AUD to show correctly on the PayPal site, this is not happening.

Guest Funky Mojo

I have had the same hassles with numerous US and UK based ecommerce shopping carts

the only one i could get to work was the joomla based virtuacart all the rest still showed us dollars in the paypal when processing orders..

sorry I cant help but i have been waiting for replys for months now at other ecom software sites without success

So I hope you can come up with a solution.

I know it has somthing to do with the fact that the code of the site even whn changed to AUD still works in US so when the paypal payment goes through it regiters as US and not AU

I tried linking directlty to paypay.com.au but it still puts the amount in $US and not $AUD

It would be great if someone would start thinking about giving AUD support when writing these things :w00t:

Guest chrismaber

Hi Funky Mojo,

I created a form which directly links to paypal via hidden inputs it works fine. I select the currency to be $AUD and every time it works.

When I go back to my cart and place an order the order almost always comes up in $US, occassionally it will come up in $AUD but mostly in $US.

Not sure what is going on. :D

Chris