Shipping Whipping

Guest headbump

Guest headbump

Hey all,

I'm new to Cube Cart...trying to figure this out for a client, and she would like to use the Per Item shipping mod, which she has selected and enabled. She would like 2 bucks per item to show up as a s&h charge, and even though it's enabled, we're having NO shipping charges showing up at all!

It doesn't seem to matter if we put the 2 bucks in the Handling or Shipping text field...it just doesn't show up.

Any suggestions?

The store is at: zendot3d.com

thx,

AW

Guest headbump

I'm amending this post to say that the shipping price does show up at the very last moment of checkout, BUT, it's not showing up as Per Item, it's just tacking on one handling charge and that's it...

Help?

thx,

AW

Guest Brivtech

I'm amending this post to say that the shipping price does show up at the very last moment of checkout, BUT, it's not showing up as Per Item, it's just tacking on one handling charge and that's it...

Help?

thx,

AW

with regard to the shipping not being shown until you're almost through the checkout process, be assured: nothing is broken, that is actually how the shipping works on CubeCart.

It needs the shopper to be logged in to know where they are from, so it can apply shipping. The way the checkout process works is that the shopper needs to register (unless they are a former customer and are logged on), and after the customer's details are collected, it eventually moves on to shop tax and shipping.

With a modification to the file that handles the checkout system, it could automatically display shipping.

As far as not adding the charge correctl goes, I'll need to look into this further, or perhaps someone else can provide an explanation to this in the mean time.

Guest headbump

Thanks Brivtech...do you know the name of that checkout file? If not, I'll post in the Shipping forum ( I say sheepishly...because I noticed that forum a little too late...)

Thanks again,

AW