Paypal IPN

Guest chimpta

Guest chimpta

I have been reading through the posts on Paypal IPN and I really don't understand what it is. I am in the process of upgrading my site from 2.0.3 to 3.0.10. I use Paypal and have a business account. I see that in the ACP IPN is recommended. What does it do for me? I sell paintings. Will it help to make physical goods transactions more secure? What additional information might it provide me and how do I act on that?

I did go to paypal.com and read what they had to say but I am still confused. Any help would be appreciated.

Mark

http://www.mahakali.com/shop/

Plain and simple:

With IPN, PayPal tells CubeCart that an order has been paid for and changes the order status appropriately.

Without IPN, you must go in manually after you receive each payment and change the order status yourself.

IPN is definitely the way to go for 99% of people I'd think.

Hope this helps.

:P

Guest chimpta

Plain and simple:

With IPN, PayPal tells CubeCart that an order has been paid for and changes the order status appropriately.

Without IPN, you must go in manually after you receive each payment and change the order status yourself.

IPN is definitely the way to go for 99% of people I'd think.

Hope this helps.

:w00t:

That helps a lot. I am upgrading to 3.0.10. I did not put in any of the code patches. I just updated my paypal settings at paypal and in the acp and everything worked the first time. :D

Guest chimpta

Does IPN only come with Paypal Pro?

I just have a regular paypal business account and as far as I can tell everything is working just fine.