Flaming!

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

I've seen the odd bit of flaming in these forums every now and then. It's a normal thing that rears its ugly head in most forums, some more than others, and in any forums I've moderated, it has not been tolerated.

Flaming can be avoided in several ways:

- Try to understand that when people type things, it may not come out the same way they intended. Be a little more tolerant when you get the wrong impression about something.

- Different cultures have different temprements. While someone could sound rude, they may simply be trying to express a problem in the best way they know how. Not forgetting, that many people on here speak little English and are making a really big effort to be understood.

- It's not nice to name names when you have a complaint about something. The moderators here will look into complaints and take action as necessary.

- Don't feed the trolls - You can make things a lot worse by feeding someone's gripw with more negativity. It's one thing to debate problems objectively, another to make all out attacks.

Guest gwizard

Running for the moderator elections, eh ? :D

From my experience as a forum admin, the REAL problem is not when the regular users misbehave, but when moderators utilize their power to break the rules that they themselves should enforce. I am speaking very hypothetically, of course :wacko:

Guest Brivtech

Running for the moderator elections, eh ? :D

Heh, no, I've got too much on my hands at the moment. ;)

From my experience as a forum admin, the REAL problem is not when the regular users misbehave, but when moderators utilize their power to break the rules that they themselves should enforce. I am speaking very hypothetically, of course :wacko:

Yes, this is also something I've experiences, there was a film-maker's forum I moderate, and one of the Moderators started a war on there! He took objection to one of the members, and everything went to hell. Furtunately, everything was sorted out later, and the forum recovered.

Guest vrakas

@ansuk

for reference, it was i who removed them. :wacko:

I saw no reason to leave them as they most important thing was that at the end they were only causing harm to the Mod and Modder.;)

I have said it before and will say it again, it is very hard, (if not impossible) to express yourself exactly through text. I know that some expressions (usually the bad words) are the same either way but you all get the meaning of what i am trying to say :D