Register Details

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

I'm a bit confused about the Register function of CubeCart...

... I'm not saying it's a good or bad thing, just trying to understand hows and whys...

I can understand registering when an order is placed. This logs the customer's details, and allows them to later check order details and mailing list options.

But what is the purpose of registering and not placing an order? Are there some advantages that I don't appear to be aware of?

If someone could explain this better, I'd greatly appreciate it. :w00t:

If the question is "Why does CubeCart provide a way for a visitor to register an account without actually making a purchase?", then the best answer I can give is that some people simply like to be prepared for future orders.

As a shop owner, it's good to have demographics on all your customers, whether they make purchases or not. That way, you can find out if most of your target audience is in a particular country (sometimes not even your own!), how the percentages of male and female are split, and anything else the regitration form may ask for.

I think for the most part, it just makes logical sense to have a 'register' link near the 'login' link. Some people would get confused if it wasn't there.

Guest Brivtech

I wasn't aware of having to register unless an order is placed. Could you enlighten me?

Not a question of having to, it's an optional thing - Next to the login bit as AlanT mentioned.