Paypal IPN error message issue

Guest iron_chick

Guest iron_chick

I had someone buy a test item for a penny from my new store 'cause PayPal wouldn't let me send myself money.

She was able to pay just fine via PP and I got the IPN and she was returned to my cart.

So far, so good, right?

But when she got to my cart, she was on a page with this message:

Sorry, your order failed!

You can attempt to purchase your basket contents again below:

Try Again

Her order didn't fail.

Obviously this could lead to a great deal of confusion on the part of buyers. :)

Any suggestions?

The cart is at www.uponabook.com There is a test item with free shipping available if it will help to be able to try to recreate it.

Thank you much,

Beth

Guest iron_chick

My friend tried again. This time everything went fine until:

Everything went the same EXCEPT after I paid I got the page that I would be redirected blah, blah, blah. I didn't get redirected. I received this error: Error: No payment gateway variable is set!

It worked. I got the penny in my account. But it keeps on sounding like it isn't working. Any suggestions? :)

This can occur for a number of reasons, some on which only PayPal can answer it seems.

As far as CubeCart configuration is concerned, check your store paths are correct (globals.inc.php), you're using the primary email account used in PayPal for the transaction, and check your IPN and confirmed.php return paths are correct.

Feel free to PM me for clarification on the paths used.

Guest iron_chick

This can occur for a number of reasons, some on which only PayPal can answer it seems.

As far as CubeCart configuration is concerned, check your store paths are correct (globals.inc.php), you're using the primary email account used in PayPal for the transaction, and check your IPN and confirmed.php return paths are correct.

Feel free to PM me for clarification on the paths used.

Thanks. I PMd. :)