Automatic digital delivery and Paypal IPN

Guest bhakans

Guest bhakans

Have I understood this correctly?

When I sell a digital download through PayPal I have to have IPN enabled in order for the buyer to be directed automatically to the download after making the payment?

I made a test purchase using the standard Paypal, and the digital download had to be made available manually. Why would this need IPN anyway, when automatic return to a download page works automatically even with a simple Paypal "buy-now" button without any problems?

Also, I downloaded Mark Gunter's pdf on adding digital downloads to Cube Cart, where he writes that you can also (in a root directory path) use a download page.html as the return url if you, for example, have split the download up into smaller chunks.

However, I could not get this to work either. When I go to the Cube Cart generated download URL the browser asks if I want to save or open the html file (can't it understand to open it in browser by itself?). If I select open it does open but the download link, inserted as

<a href="zip1.zip">File One</a>

as per Gunther's advice, does not work.

Sorry for my newbie questions.. ;)

..but all I am trying to accomplish is:

1) Have the buyer automatically directed to the download after making Payment at paypal

2) On some instances, have the buyer directed to a HTML download page instead of directly to the file to be downloaded

Surely this must be possible without too much hassle?

When I sell a digital download through PayPal I have to have IPN enabled in order for the buyer to be directed automatically to the download after making the payment?

You are wrong. Gateway settings are digital product download independet. You may use any gateway, digital download link is sent via e-mail.

• 2 weeks later...

Order status must be in "Processing".

Using PayPal IPN Order status goes to Processing if a payment is sucessful automaticaly.

If you change status manualy message appears "The status of this order has been changed successfully. At this stage you can send your customer an email invoice and access to download digital products. To do this Click Here".

Guest Duckie

thanks, went and played and got it to send email with link,

now here is a difference I have noticed between this script and a dating site I have

When I purchase a download from the cart , I am taken to paypal, but the difference is with cube cart I dont get the same payment screen as the dating site, the dating site payment screen at paypal allows me to pay with paypal or a credit card and shows the verified member count.

With cubecart the sceen doesnt show the verified member count and I am ask for my paypal info or to sign up at paypal, No credit card option. I am using the same email address for both.

Is this a varible that is sent to paypal and cubecart isnt doing the same thing as the dating site??