Paypal/IPN "order faile'd error in v. 3.0.10

Guest mrvargo

Guest mrvargo

I have searched every forum here and on cubecart.org, followed the tutorials and tried various patches to try and fix this with no success - including this.

Orders from the store are paid via paypal and when returning to the cart I get the "sorry your order failed - try again" message, the product remains in the user's cart, however the payment has been processed. The order shows in cc admin as 'pending' and stock levels are untouched. This is extremely frustrating and I have wasted over 20 hours trying to get this cart to work for my client. I am now on the verge of abandoning cube cart and rebuilding the site with another cart.

I am using 3.0.10 with Estelle's stock level/product options mod (which is the main reason we chose cc in the first place)

If anyone wants to view the site it is http://troutflies.com.au/store login username= cube pwd= cart

The products: 0001 Test, 0002 Test, and 0003 Test are all priced at .01 for live testing.

This is odd as my store was working using ipn until recently I am looking into this as i need it working

I will keep it posted in this post if i find it.

• 1 month later...
Guest Godsjewel

Hi I am having the same trouble. I followed all the checklist steps and upgraded to business account in paypal. My emails are the same in cubecart and paypal. I never did see an answer given to mrvargo. Can someone please help?? I really want to keep cubecart and don't dare move any further until this is solved. */*

Using CubeCart 3.0.10 and the IPN mod written by go77306, I'm getting a failure rate of about 1 in 3. Very difficult to tell where the problem is, could be the gateway, 'clueless users' or a combination of both! End result is that a failed transaction is invariably a lost sale and that's annoying for both parties (the site has only been open for a couple of weeks).

The error log is always the same. No PayPal payment is received and the Amount in the error log is always blank.

[2006/Jun/18, 12:09:25]

[2006/Jun/18, 12:09:25] Using PDT to check order status for tx:0RU27744WU2535844

[2006/Jun/18, 12:09:28] Verify Failed, Paypal response follows:

[2006/Jun/18, 12:09:28] Amount =

[2006/Jun/18, 12:09:28] Invoice = 060618-120015-8449

[2006/Jun/18, 12:09:28] Receiver Email = [email protected]

Perhaps it would help if others who have the IPN mod applied could post their error logs.

Guest groovejuice

I always contact the customer after a failed order. My experience tells me that likely 90% of the failures are clueless users, customers who want payment options that are unavailable, and log-in failures (forgotten passwords) at PayPal. There have also been about 2% of customers who tell me their vaild cards are refused at PayPal. PayPal acknowledges this problem and generously recommends trying a different credit card. :ninja:

Guest Godsjewel

Hi I am having the same trouble. I followed all the checklist steps and upgraded to business account in paypal. My emails are the same in cubecart and paypal. I never did see an answer given to mrvargo. Can someone please help?? I really want to keep cubecart and don't dare move any further until this is solved. :)

I would also like to add that I actually get the money, but the email to download the product doesn't go out and they get the error message.

Guest groovejuice

There are several places from where the problem can arise. First, is the status changing from pending to processing? Is your admin email functioning properly? Is the path to the downloadable file correct?

Try going through the checklist again as a tiny error (ie. case usage) will "queer the do". There is also a tutorial on digital downloads from the same prolific contributor as well.

Guest Godsjewel

There are several places from where the problem can arise. First, is the status changing from pending to processing? Is your admin email functioning properly? Is the path to the downloadable file correct?

Try going through the checklist again as a tiny error (ie. case usage) will "queer the do". There is also a tutorial on digital downloads from the same prolific contributor as well.

My admin email is working just fine I get email everyday.

How do I tell if the status is changing from pending to processing?

I went through the checklist 3 times and went through the downloads tutorial as well.

Here is what I have in my cubecart gateway setup

cubeconfig.jpg

Here is what I have in Paypals IPN setup.

paypal_IPN.jpg

Here is what I have in Paypals Payment Preference Section

paypalpaymentpref.jpg

I tried setting up the download feature for products both through the

root server

productroot.jpg

And the http

producthtml.jpg

It didn't work either way.

I am set up as business and the emails are the same in both paypal and cubecart.

What else can I check????? :)

Guest groovejuice

To check on order status click on orders in the ACP, then click on the order itself. A new window will open that displays status as well as other details.

The only thing I noticed in your IPN set up is your url does not have the www. prefix. That may be the cause. If IPN cannot change the status to processing, the email with the download link will not automatically be sent.

I notice you have your download directory at the html level. Much better to put it at the root level.

Guest groovejuice

Gadzooks! Sorry if I gave misleading info. I have a site selling digital downloads and I thought I was sure that the link wasn't sent until the status changed! Well, if anyone should know, it's the Convict.

I thought I was sure that the link wasn't sent until the status changed!
Well, you are right. Download links email is sent once order status is changed to processing

- automated (payment processor sucessfull payment)

- manualy (you have to click on a link to sent this email).

HOWEVER my point of view was just another - You may put to the download link field whatever this is not dependet to order status, not dependet to any payment gateway setting. If you put there mistake, link to mistake is sent via email. If you put there nothing, link to nothing is sent.

Guest Godsjewel

To check on order status click on orders in the ACP, then click on the order itself. A new window will open that displays status as well as other details.

The only thing I noticed in your IPN set up is your url does not have the www. prefix. That may be the cause. If IPN cannot change the status to processing, the email with the download link will not automatically be sent.

I notice you have your download directory at the html level. Much better to put it at the root level.

Well since I can't get an answer I am going to uninstall cubecart!!! I am very disappointed :lol:

I have been able to get zencart to work in the past so I am going back to that even though I like the looks of cubecart so much better.

BYE!!!!!

Guest peanutp

Well since I can't get an answer I am going to uninstall cubecart!!! I am very disappointed :lol:

I have been able to get zencart to work in the past so I am going back to that even though I like the looks of cubecart so much better.

BYE!!!!!

Go to this link: Paypal fix

I went through weeks and weeks of annoying 'Sorry order failed.....' messages and it drove me insane! In a last gasp effort to find a fix, I came across the above fix. BAsically it fixes the issues with timing between your server and paypal. Have a read for further information.

Not sure if it will work for you, but will not hurt to try. It will also give you an output log, so you can see why it fails.

Dont go to ZenCart, Cubecart is so much better ;)

Hope this helps.

Peter

Guest Godsjewel

BYE!!!!!

I went through weeks and weeks of annoying 'Sorry order failed.....' messages and it drove me insane! In a last gasp effort to find a fix, I came across the above fix. BAsically it fixes the issues with timing between your server and paypal. Have a read for further information.

Not sure if it will work for you, but will not hurt to try. It will also give you an output log, so you can see why it fails.

Dont go to ZenCart, Cubecart is so much better :)

Hope this helps.

Peter

You are truly appreciated Peter I don't want to switch. I saw this fix a few days ago, but somehow thought version 3.0.10 was exempt from it. I am a little confused on the auth_token what is it exactly, what do I replace and with what?

Again many thanks ;)

Guest peanutp

BYE!!!!!

Dont go to ZenCart, Cubecart is so much better :)

Hope this helps.

Peter

You are truly appreciated Peter I don't want to switch. I saw this fix a few days ago, but somehow thought version 3.0.10 was exempt from it. I am a little confused on the auth_token what is it exactly, what do I replace and with what?

Again many thanks ;)

Have replied in this topic here.

Cheers

Peter

• 1 month later...
Guest spammeh

I'm having the same problem also :blink: it's been working fine until now.

I've just recently applied the fix but orders are still failing :(