Newbie with a few hundred products

Hello all. I am coming over from os(well, some other guys) :( I have one quick question: I am trying to upload a few hundred products (maybe 250-300) and I have tried to search for the "mods" (I suppose they are called), to do so. I have CC 3 and would like to know if someone could point me in the right direction? :)

Hello all. I am coming over from os(well, some other guys) <_< I have one quick question: I am trying to upload a few hundred products (maybe 250-300) and I have tried to search for the "mods" (I suppose they are called), to do so. I have CC 3 and would like to know if someone could point me in the right direction? ;)

Welcome to the forum :D

I too came from OSC and have never looked back. The place for all third party modifications is cubecart.org :)

to add to Ansuk's welcome - and to confirm, there is a mod on that site, to do exactly what you have requested,from almost any data set in any format (spreadsheet, comma or tab delimited, etc.).

Thank you, I am in MOD HEAVEN!!!!!!!

:-)

Okay, I take that back. Fifty bucks?? Wow. I thought I was trying to make a few bucks (as I can see< everyone is). I feel violated. :D

Okay, I take that back. Fifty bucks?? Wow. I thought I was trying to make a few bucks (as I can see< everyone is). I feel violated. :D
Well, there are alternatives.

You could write a mod yourself. If you do that, you not only would take care of yourself, you could sell the mod to others. Or, you could ignore the mod and install the inventory one at a time.

It all comes down to a few simple issues. If you write the mod, how much is your time and skill worth when you price the results? Or, if you do the one-by-one installation, how much is your time worth? Either way, same question.

Me? I have absolutely no financial interest in the mod in question - or in any mod. But I am a customer of some of the modders because what they do saves me time. I need $50 an hour to cover my own lifestyle and obligations. In the case of the mod that raises this question, I figure I'm saving myself about 10 hours of time installing a large inventor as onsies - so spending 50 to save 500 is a no-brainer.

But your situation may be different. As I said, it all comes down to that one question.

Guest degsey69

If you want to upload a csv file without doing a mod look at this link and follow the link from there which will give you the instructions on how to do it yourself through phpmyadmin.

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....&hl=csv+uploads

This was found purely by using the search function and if you search through some of the posts on this forum there is some good tips and clues how to achieve a lot of things yourself. :D

Like JerseyJoe said, it can come down to time. I've imported 40,000 products in 43 seconds during testing. Homer did a store from scratch including 7,500 products and images in 2.5 hours. There's a reason it's priced as it is. I spent 3-4 months making it work properly. Plus, if you have so many products that it's worth considering, conceivably you have some sales to justify the costs.

:(

Guest Brivtech

Exactly! Many people seem to forget the point here - A Store generates money, and by investing in certain modifications to optimise your store, you should in the long term gain on your investment.