The design

Guest MaDkARaTe

Guest MaDkARaTe

Hi everyone :wub: ,

I just have a quick question;

Do you work on the design and layout of the site after you've downloaded CubeCart? Is the designing "process" made on CubeCart itself or should you use Dreamweaver/Frontpage?

Guest EverythingWeb

Download cubecart, install it and get it functioning as in adding products etc.

Download the skins/ folder and customise one of the three "default" skins.

Re-upload your new skin folder and its contents, and select that template in the General Settings page in the Admin Panel.

Make tweaks and re-upload the template files as & when you make changes to them in your favourite editor, but bear in mind that most of the template files just show {TAGS} and link to CSS, so you will want to be actively uploading to notice changes.

Hope this helps.

PS: Your other duplicate topic was removed, as requested. :wub:

Guest MaDkARaTe

thanks Everythingweb ;),

I will probably be back with more questions since I'm a complete newbie...so bare with me :wub:

Guest MaDkARaTe

Ok so I've unzipped Cubecart version 3.0 and it's been saved on temp and I have WinRAR as my unzip-software.

First step of the ReadMe file:

a. Upload all the files and folders to your server from the "Upload" folder.

This can be to anywhere of your choice.

How do I upload to my server?

Guest Brivtech

You need something called a FTP client. Mozilla (The people who make the Firefox web browser and thunderbird email programme) make a FTP programme called FileZilla that's easy to set up and configure, and it's free! Do a google search for FTP Client, and see if you can find this program.

You will need your FTP username and password from your hosting company (Do you have a Linux with php hosting account set up?). If not, you need to ask them to set this up now. (Never give your password out on a public forum!).

The FTP programme works a bit like Windows explorer. only you see 2 sets of files - One on your computer, and one on your server.

Let us know when you're at thsi step so we can help futher.

Just a point that I want to drive home, because it could save you hours of pain in the future: ALWAYS make a backup copy on your computer, and save it in a folder called backup (with the date), so you don't go into it and accidentally edit the files! If you're going to be playing aroud with the files in the future, sometimes things may go awfully wrong, and your only chance is to restore your latest backup! A good idea is to save batches of backups onto CDs, so it's a read only format that you can't change, and won't take up loads of space on your computer.

Guest MaDkARaTe

thanx brivtech!

I've downloaded FileZilla and I'm right now on the third step on the installation. My webmail ([email protected]) is not working properly, I can send emails but not recieve them! :S.

So I don't want to use the mail as my admin email, can I put another email for now and change it later?