Totally newbie need some help

Guest teamvest

Guest teamvest

Hi, this is my first question about CC. Since I`m a newbie i do not think it`s my last on neither :on2long:

Ok, I have installed CC and i want to change logo and some text. The issue about the logo i havent even tried on my own, but regardin the text I get an message that says that i have to change som permission in folder /shop/language/en/.....To another code; 777 i think.

I use Ipswich WS.Ftp. I followed the instructions in one of your tutorial movies, but it doesnt seems to be the same ftp-software...Anyone who knows how to change the permissions using WS_Ftp??

Regarding the logo...Could this be done by editing the templates in FrontPage?

I hope someone understand my question...I know my English language sucks...sorry about that..

Best regards

Haavard

Http://teamvest.riskfreeprofit.com

The permissions issue, rarely explained in most programs, is not complicated. When you first upload files of a program such as CubeCart, some of the files need to have their properties changed so they can be edited while the program is being set up or in actual use.

The process of changing permissions is called CHMOD. That's another one of those priestly incantations that will often get a new user ridiculed by the cognoscenti. Fortunately, I've never that here but I have in forae for other programs based on PHP/MqSQL.

CHMOD stands for Change Mode, usually meaning changing from read-only to writable or the reverse. The code 777 is the usual number for making a file or folder writeable.

Once you have uploaded your files and folders, and have begun the installation process, you will encounter a screen that tells you which files and folders must be CHMODed. Open your FTP program and go to the files on the server. Right click on the icon of the server copy of that file or folder. (if you right click on the file name itself you risk invoking a file name change).

In the menu that opens, if you are using WS-FTP, you will see a menu item "properties" that you can left click on. In the dialog that opens you will see "Numeric Value" - another bit of priestly obscurity that refers to the permission code for the file.

Change the value to the one the insturctions call for. Some instructions say put an 0 ahead of the three-digit number (as in 0777). That won't work. That instruction exists for reasons that also are hidden behind the robes and incense. Just use three numerals, ignoring the 0. And then save or whatever.

Ite, missa est.