Homepage / Site Docs permissions

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

When I update the homepage, I get a message telling me to make sure I update my permissions.

It doesn't happen on site docs.

What permission am I supposed to update?

What do I have to change it to?

Is this something that should surely be automatically done - I don't have to do it on the site docs - Isn't the homepage just a special site doc?

Any more information on this would be greatly appreciated. Also, if someone could answer my taxes topic ( http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=19519 ), that would be even more helpful - I'm at a standstill over it!

Guest Brivtech

It's not that well covered in the pinned posts - It goes on about permissions, but doesn't explain any reasons why everyone has to go through this hassle.

Isn't there a better way of doing this without having to do the permissions dance?

Guest efolia

If you owned a "real" store, you wouldn't just leave the keys in the lock at night so that clients can open the doors by themselves in the morning, thus avoiding having to "go through this hassle" of getting up in the morning, would you? :on2long:

Guest Brivtech

If you owned a "real" store, you wouldn't just leave the keys in the lock at night so that clients can open the doors by themselves in the morning, thus avoiding having to "go through this hassle" of getting up in the morning, would you? :)

That's not what I meant - What I'm saying is that is this really necessary - To do it this way? It just seems so strange being almost identical to the site docs, yet being handled in such a different way.

@convict - Database may be a better way forward. Cheers! :on2long: