Mp3 samples

Guest Eliyahu

Guest Eliyahu

I want to be able to allow users to listen to a mp3 for free and download it for 99 cents. Is there any easy way to allow the user to sample the same file he will download. I do not want to write all the m3u files by hand.

Thank you

Guest degsey69

There is a good free mod for movie clips in cubecart.org which can be ammended to mp3, if you read the thread somebody has done this very effectively. :blink:

Yep.. Same one i've been looking at, but doesn't do exactly what i'd like it to.
If you find it, I'd like to know about it as well. I need to build a web site for a jazz pianist/singer and this is how he will sell his music.

BTW - you cannot search on CuibeCart.Org for "mp3". The IPB has ben configured to require a long string. So when you try to search on a 3 letter word you get an error message. Strange for a "mod" site.

Guest sound

Searched "audio" on cubecart.org

I think this is what i was talkin about:

http://www.cubecart.org/forums/index.php?s...c=1191&hl=audio

You'd be better off using small flash audio buttons and just adding them to the product discription.

I did that, but wanted the audio buttons in the front so the customer wouldn't have to click "more" in order

to goto the product discription page where they'd find the audio sample buttons..

I got a simple fix for that also so the buttons would appear where i wanted, but then i couldn't display

any product discription text.. then it just went pear shaped.

Such a simple edit i thought, but it just can't be done as simple as it should be.

Here.. this is what i'm rambeling on about:

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....wtopic=15634&hl=

Guest sound

Found it

QUOTE(aikdo @ Jan 9 2006, 03:01 PM)

Hey look if all your going to have in your descriptions is the audio buttons i have a way from you...

Open Inludes/content/viewCat.inc.php

FIND

$view_cat->assign("TXT_DESC",substr(strip_tags($productResults[$i]['description']),0,$config['productPrecis'])."…");

REPLACE WITH

$view_cat->assign("TXT_DESC",$productResults[$i]['description']);

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Welcome,

I would suggest to use the search function as this question has been asked before :)

Thanks for the help there mod. Guess a simple search was not so easy.

To the helpful posters, if anyone came up with a good fix please let me know.