Design Problem

Guest SaraW

Guest SaraW

Right now I'm working with the design of my CubeCart shop on Dremaweaver MX.

To be able to work with the shop and see it at the same time I went to the website where my shop is located and saved the site together with it's stylesheets so that I could view the changes directly when working on dreamweaver.

The problem is that when I preview the saved site on my browsers (IE and Firefox) the site is completely diffrent from how it really looks. I know that Dreamweaver does render sites badly, but it's practically beyond recognition.

Does anyone have an idea on how I can make changes to my site while seeing them and how my site would look with them?

Guest SaraW

Would you or someone else care to explain how I will be able to use it? And what is needed? Can I download it?

I'm very new to this...

thanks

Another approach - the one I use - is edit the files on my local disk using PHPdesigner (www.mpsoftwareweb.com). I've configured PHD so it will edit PHP, CSS, JS, HTML and TPL.

I then upload the edited files and flip over to the browsers to see what the changes look like.

Sounds awkward but really isn't if you use keyboard shortcuts such as ALT-tab to jump between the open tools.

• 2 months later...
Guest bholland

Yeah, jerseyjoe is pointing you in the right direction. Dreamweaver won't do what you're looking for here. I use it as a text editor to write code in, but it will never render your site correctly because of the server side processing that needs to occur. Unless you're going to install a local version of Apache, I'd recomend using DW just as a text editor and then uploading your files via FTP (which you can do via DW) and seeing how everything looks. DW does have decent functionality for managing test vs. live sites.

B