Not getting help, how about ecommerce?

Guest designbyfox

Guest designbyfox

Well since no one here can help me, even though I said I would pay them, I am giving up on CubeCart. I used fantasico thru my server to run it. My server stated they are not responsible for 3rd party codes. So I came here for help, ditto. No help here either.

So I am asking this, will PayPal Pro with with E-Commerce? It was so easy to set up with CubeCart, but never worked which is why I am giving up.

I hope someone replys to this. Thanks.

Foxy

PayPal Pro payment module is built into CubeCart, and as such should be simple to configure. However PayPal Pro I think is only available in the US.

I have heard that Fantastico installs cause a lot of problems with CubeCart installations, expecially with them being out of date versions that are installed.

Guest Brivtech

Sometimes questions here do go unanswered. It can be annoying and frustrating, but you have to consider that this support forum is free, maintained by volunteer contributors (not paid, devote their time and knowledge simply due to the passion about the product), and that CubeCart is also free.

Also, as much as the regular contributors enjoy answering posts, sometimes, a question may be out of an area of expertise. I find myself asking the most obvious questions sometimes, because I'm trying to make sense of something that isn't obvious to me.

Once you license CubeCart, it's a completely different story, and once you open a support ticket, you are guaranteed a fast reliable answer directly from Devellion, the company that operates CubeCart.

Unfortunately, you'll find that most support forums can be like this from time to time, and switching to another system because of support can end up being worse.

Generally speaking, I'd say that this is one of the better support forums, and in the vast majority of cases, someone will answer, and with a very good response, but a message to the contributors: You lot all need to keep an eye on unanswered posts, we're all relying on you. There's also quite a few posts where a question is answered, and the reply is someone else saying "I also have this problem". In many of these cases, because there is a reply, no-one looks further at the topic. */*

A note also to people requesting help: Spend more time looking through older topics, and use the search facility as well. Quite often, the answers are already there.

Guest designbyfox

Thanks for the kind words. It is very frustrating. I just want help and I am not getting it. I didn't buy a lience because its not working yet. I'd hate to waste my money on something that won't work. So I am stuck in a situation where I spent 3 weeks putting in over 300 items into a store that is now useless because the server company can't help me, and no one here is jumping in.

In fact I do see A LOT of messages on here going unanswered. I scan thru if I can help somewhere. And I did do a thuro search for this Pear error thing but found nothing to solve my problem. Someone told me to have the server load curl. I wrote to them, but they aren't going to do it.

Should I just sit and wait, while the guy loses customers? Or do I build a new store with a different software? Or do I find another server? */*

Thanks for the reply.

Foxy

Guest designbyfox

Well here's the scoop. And I wll buy a lience if I can just get the darn thing to work.

I have adjusted my shop to your setiings posted in the beginning of this thread. I am running CubeCart Version: 3.0.8, using PayPal Pro or Direct Payment and I am getting this error once a customer finalizes their payment. Meaning they put their CC info in, then press Continue and they get this...

Fatal error: Class 'PEAR_Error' not found in /home/spunaut/public_html/shop/pear/Services/PayPal/Error.php on line 18

Now this is what Line 18 says on this file...

class PayPal_Error extends PEAR_Error {

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The whole file looks like this...

<?php

/**

* @package Services_PayPal

* $Id: Error.php,v 1.18 2005/06/23 17:03:21 chagenbuch Exp $

*/

/**

* Load parent class.

*/

require_once 'PEAR.php';

/**

* A standard PayPal Error object

* @package Services_PayPal

*/

class PayPal_Error extends PEAR_Error {

/**

* Standard error constructor

* @param string The error message

* @param int An optional integer error code

*/

function PayPal_Error($message, $errorcode = null)

{

parent::PEAR_error($message, $errorcode);

}

}

-------------------------------------------

I really need someone to guide me on how to fix this.

Foxy

Guest designbyfox

Well still no good news from anyone. I was thinking about re-installing the later version 3.0.10. I would delete the old one and do it again. So is there a way to save all the products and pictures and categories already in the 3.0.8 version?

Guest Cobos

Yes by using a program similar to PHPMyadmin you can backup the relevant tables in the database and then repopulate the tables from the backup files when you have installed 3.0.10.

Cobos