How do I add a translation for a product option?

Guest Brivtech

Guest Brivtech

I created a product called "Product One" (Original eh!)

I created a product option for "Product One" called Colour (Option Step 1), where I added a "Red" and "Blue" value (Option Step 2).

Here, I was able to then assign the Red and Blue colour attributes to Product One. (Option Step 3).

Works great so far until I want to add a language translation of the product options to appear in the Product Language Translation...

:)

I created a Spanish translation of "Product One" and called it "El Producto Uno" :)

I can't see anywhere that allows for product option translations... So I thought I'd try just creating a product option in another language, and assign it...

I called "El Colores" (for colour), and "Roja" for Red, and "Azul" for Blue.

So, now I have 2 product options for colour, one in English, and one in Spanish...

... And here's where again, I can't go any further this way either.

When assigning the product option to the product (Option Step 3), it only lists the native language product, and none of the translations.

Even if I add both options (Product 1 and El Producto Uno), I will get both language options together for English and Spanish. Well, that won't work, especially if there's multiple options for a product.

What's going on here? It it something I'm not doing right, or has the languages been overlooked on product options?

• 1 month later...

HOpe someone will come with an answer I've got the exact same problem but with english and french and soon spanish will be added. Only thing i can see now is to do option in to languages like (Red-rouge)

Or ( EX-small/Extra petit)

Not really convenient specially if you need to add a third language!

Dan

:blink:

• 2 months later...
Guest carmel

I was hoping to find some information on this too. I'm ready to translate my whole site. Is the procedure so obvious that it's not worth posting a reply?