3.0.11 and future updates.

Guest Coder68

Guest Coder68

Admins & Mods!

Since Cubecart is going to a pay per year version (3.1) and will still have a free version (Currently to be 3.0.11) Will there continue to be updates to version 3.0.11 and on? Mostly I am wondering about security updates. Not so much in the way of features.

Thanks!

Coder68

Guest Coder68

Nobody knows the answer to this? I would think this would be importaint to those using the free version.

I plan on using 3.1, but will be using 3.0.10/11 for some time.

Coder68

I think only Brooky can answer your question. But I'm sure as the release time gets nearer there will be more information available.

I would expect however that if there was a security vulnerability found in the latest 3.0.x stream, then a fix would be made available fairly quickly.

Guest Coder68

I would agree with your statement. It seems they have always fixed things fast. BUT, I like to hear it from the top, you know? Just to ease my worry!

Thanks though!

Coder68

Guest EverythingWeb

Hello Coder68,

As Robsta has pointed out, this one will have to wait for Brooky, however I expect the following to occur;

3.0.11 will be released shortly which will fix any remaining critical bugs in The 3.0.x version. There are currently no critical security issues known with CubeCart.

3.1.X will then become the "official" version to use, bearing in mind that you will be able to run a free-trial, or purchase out-right. Obviously no further features will be added to 3.0.X.

I will make sure Brooky sees this and replies.

Guest Coder68

Thanks!

It will be nice to hear it from Brooky!

I have to say, out of all the "free" e-store programs out there. CC is by far the best.

Coder68

I can virtually guarantee that any security holes will have patches released for the 3.0.x tree. Because even if Brooky doesn't release it immediately, one of us will. ;)

;)