Two Stores with One Database

Guest skadera

Guest skadera

Hi,

My client wants to run two stores off of one database. The stores will have all the same products but will have different domain names. At this time I am not sure if they will be on the same server. Is this possible? If so, do I need anything special to do it?

Perhaps it is possible to load a different skin depending on where the user is coming from?

Thanks,

sk

Guest stroll-smart

Hi,

My client wants to run two stores off of one database. The stores will have all the same products but will have different domain names. At this time I am not sure if they will be on the same server. Is this possible? If so, do I need anything special to do it?

Perhaps it is possible to load a different skin depending on where the user is coming from?

Thanks,

sk

Why dont you just redirect the domain name to the master domain? YOu could mask the 2nd domain in the brower /url address so the user would never know they had been redirected! You would need to speak to your host to do that.

Hi,

Thanks,

sk

If both of 'domains' are hosted on the same server there is no problem, i have used it for some clients. It could be used for one physical copy of CubeCart with different skin results too.

If different servers, you need the remote DB access right to do it or do replications but not recomended.