Search Function

Guest Koilagoon

Guest Koilagoon

I would like to see a mod to improve search results. I would rather that a search for two words (i.e. fish food) searched for listings with both words instead of either word. On our site: http://www.rockymountainpond.com, if someone searches for "koi food" they get tons of listings that have the word koi. We would like to see only listings with both words.

:) <---

• 4 weeks later...

Guest vp-ftv

i do not think this should require a mod request, i think it is a fundemental flaw in cubecart. imagine if google searched like cube cart does...

this should fall under support for the core package... especially when people buy licenses - there should be no need for a mod request... it should be remidied by the author...

http://www.cubecart.org/forums/index.php?s...=improve+search

the question was posted on the joke of a 3rd party mod forum... over a month later no one has replied...

ansuk > why redirect someone to a dead forum???

Try this:

The Search is meant to support boolean operators, but it has a bug which is causing this to fail. Which means that searching for "text1 AND text2" will return nearly every product (on my site anyway!), because "AND" is being used as one of the search terms.

The fix is...

Edit includes/content/viewCat.inc.php, around line 102.

Change:

if(($ucSearchTerm!=="AND") || ($ucSearchTerm!=="OR")){

To:

if(($ucSearchTerm!=="AND") && ($ucSearchTerm!=="OR")){

Guest wellis

Try this:

The Search is meant to support boolean operators, but it has a bug which is causing this to fail. Which means that searching for "text1 AND text2" will return nearly every product (on my site anyway!), because "AND" is being used as one of the search terms.

The fix is...

Change:

To:

My page already has the recommended change in 3.10 and the search is still one of the worst I have ever seen. It is almost embarrassing how inaccurate the results of the search function are.

Try this:

The fix is...

Change:

To:

My page already has the recommended change in 3.10 and the search is still one of the worst I have ever seen. It is almost embarrassing how inaccurate the results of the search function are.

I have the same problem like you, and I am looking for someone help from here and at cubecart.org too.