my own background

Guest DR PC HEALTH

Guest DR PC HEALTH

how can i put my own background and show my company name on the top.. .???

Also do we have to have pay pal for this shopping cart to work or what? someone let me know an affordable option plaese.. Pay pal say they charge 20 dollars a month! for that i would get the shopping cart of my web host .. they charge 9 dollars a month

let me know

Guest vrakas

Check the pinned posts in this section of the forum :blink:

Also do we have to have pay pal for this shopping cart to work or what? someone let me know an affordable option plaese.. Pay pal say they charge 20 dollars a month! for that i would get the shopping cart of my web host .. they charge 9 dollars a month

let me know

As Ansuk points out, there are 2 PayPal methods. Both are supported in CubeCart. Study the PayPal web site for the official rules, but here's a general understaning as I know them.

One is free. When a buyer is ready to pay for the contents of the shopping cart, the PayPal interface asks if he has a PP account. If he does, he can proceed to pay for his purchase from that account. If not, PP invites him to open one. The source of the funds can a checking account, savings or credit card.The buyer does not pay any transaction fees. Those are deducted by PP from the funds you get. Under this plan, those are the only fees.

The $20 per month plan charges the same transaction fees. But at checkout, the buyer does not have to have a PayPal account. He is offered a choice of paying with a major credit card or from a PP account if he has one.

The reason why some merchants opt for this $20 a month plan is fewer purchases are lost or abandoned at checkout. If you are selling only a fw items a month of modest valaue, it's not worth the added expense. But if you are selling a higher ticket item and gross order values are strong, then the added revenue can justify that expense.

Guest DR PC HEALTH

If i read the paypal website correctly.. it seems that i cannot use my own shopping cart for the free one.. but i would have to use their "add to cart" and "shopping cart" websites or buttons..

let me know if i can work around that.. because i will only be selling very few items, but i also wanted to use cubecart....

thanks

andres

let me know

As Ansuk points out, there are 2 PayPal methods. Both are supported in CubeCart. Study the PayPal web site for the official rules, but here's a general understaning as I know them.

One is free. When a buyer is ready to pay for the contents of the shopping cart, the PayPal interface asks if he has a PP account. If he does, he can proceed to pay for his purchase from that account. If not, PP invites him to open one. The source of the funds can a checking account, savings or credit card.The buyer does not pay any transaction fees. Those are deducted by PP from the funds you get. Under this plan, those are the only fees.

The $20 per month plan charges the same transaction fees. But at checkout, the buyer does not have to have a PayPal account. He is offered a choice of paying with a major credit card or from a PP account if he has one.

The reason why some merchants opt for this $20 a month plan is fewer purchases are lost or abandoned at checkout. If you are selling only a fw items a month of modest valaue, it's not worth the added expense. But if you are selling a higher ticket item and gross order values are strong, then the added revenue can justify that expense.

If i read the paypal website correctly . . .
*there's* the problem. I say that with respect and without personal criticism because I know that another language is barrier to clear understanding.

Here's the facts:

Cube Cart is free of charge. If you wish to *register* your store, there is a one-time fee for that option - but it is an true option. Paying a regsitration fee does not get you a better CubeCart or more features.

Why would people pay to register free software? Because they want to support continued development by the programmer. Also, registration gives them access to the Ticket system for tech support beyiond the free support they get in these forums. Finally, by paying and registereing, the Cube Cart footer is removed and you may show yourself as the designer of a customized cart. That last item is helpful to those of us who build online stores for multiple clients and want the publicity.

I think that the registration fee, at less than 2 US cents per day, is money well spent. I have registered 4 CC installations so far and will not install CubeCart for any client who doesn't agree to pay for. That is, of course, my own business policy. But everyone else is free to use CC 3.10 without charge.

There is discussion that a future version, maybe even the very next one, may have a price, but nothing there is not yet an offciail and final announcement on those issues.

As for PayPal, I have explained that there are two ways of using their system with virtually ANY shopping cart. CubeCart comes ready to use with either one, the free PayPal or the more powerful and more user-friendly paid PayPal.

So install and use the curent CC to build your business.

Hope that helps.