Search For text is invisible. How can I get it back?

Guest Corsair

Guest Corsair

Hi, does anyone know how to fix the "search for:" text beside the search box. It seems to be in white text so thats why i can't see it. How do I fix this?

you must have altered this in your style sheets when you were changing your skin simply change the hex code back to 000000 or which ever colour you were aiming for in your style sheet

you must have altered this in your style sheets when you were changing your skin simply change the hex code back to 000000 or which ever colour you were aiming for in your style sheet
But exactly which code must be eidited? There is nothing in skins/legend/stylesheets/style.css labled with any indication that it controls color and fonts for the text in the banner such as Search, Welcome, Guest, Register, etc.

I suspect it's in the style.css, but if it's there, it sure isn't explicit.

TIA

.searchBox {

font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;

font-size: 70%;

color: #000000;

background-color: #FFFFFF;

border: 1px solid #01466d;

The one above that i have highlighted in red controls the colour of that text ;)

Agreed. That is where you control the color and font, as the lheading says, WITHIN the searchbox.

But the poster's question and mine is where is the style.css that controls the text OUTSIDE the serach box such as "Search for' and Welcome, etc. Those are not controled by that item in style.css and there is nothing obvious that does.

Thanks for your help and if you know that answer it will be greatly appreciated. It constantly vexes me with every shop I edit. You'd think I would write it down - or at least annotate the file. But noooo-ooo. That would be too common-sensical.