new install, problem with paths.

I havent got access to the domain name as yet for this job, but I wanted to be able to set up Cubecart and then when its all done just point the domain name at the new site.

Problem is when I try to go to the IP address http://202.60.80.30/~kearnsau/auctions/

I get an error. Ive pasted the error below.

I also get this same error whenever I use an IP address for any of the current working installs on cubecart. So it seems CC doent like a URL with the IP instead of the domain name?? How can this be, I thought all references to files etc in CC wouldnt care what the top level of the URL was domain or IP..

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/kearnsau/public_html/auctions/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/chargin/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/kearnsau/public_html/auctions/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/home/kearnsau/public_html/auctions/index.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/chargin/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(/home/kearnsau/public_html/auctions/index.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0

Warning: (null)(): Failed opening '/home/kearnsau/public_html/auctions/index.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in Unknown on line 0

Guest vrakas

My suggestion would be, wait for the domain to propagade and then start the installation from scratch with the actual domain showing and working :rolleyes:

This should help you avoid a few problems :(

Not in this case, the domain is already an active website, and I dont have access to the domain name yet. I need to develop this site over the next few weeks and then "turn it on" by pointing the domain at it. I was thinking in bed this morning that it must be because when installing via Fantastico it mentions the URL that I setup in Cpanel, so that URL must be in some of the files somewhere huh, theres a Global.inc or something like that isnt there? If I can add the IP address of the site to that and any other files in the mean time then change it to the real URL when the site is ready.

Hi Ansuk, I already tried that, but it hasnt helped, maybe I did it wrong? heres the Global.inc

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase' ] = 'kearnsau_ccrt1' ;

$glob['dbhost' ] = 'localhost' ;

$glob['dbusername' ] = 'kearnsau_ccrt1' ;

$glob['dbpassword' ] = ******;

$glob['dbprefix' ] = '' ;

$glob['installed' ] = '1' ;

$glob['rootDir' ] = '/home/kearnsau/public_html/auctions' ;

$glob['rootRel' ] = '/auctions/' ;

$glob['storeURL' ] = 'http://202.60.80.30/~kearnsau/auctions/' ;

?>